Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

james cravens signed for cougars

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 544 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

We always look at the amateur scene but I suspect that there is little to excite us. I'm still of the understanding that our next FB will be new to the British game.

Sorry to see JC leave but, as always, money talks. I hope that he's confident that Keighley can continue to pay their inflated salaries throughout the whole of the season.

(I won't be at the DVS - 28C where I am at present! )

I misread this.............I thought that you were saying it was -28C where you are at present.............I guessed that you were taking your bird watching to extremes.........Emperors or Rockhoppers? 

Edited by Bi11, 14 September 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#22 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

Inflated salaries? How do you know this? Or is it the usual bull from you again

In defence of BSJ, there is a certain precedent (precedentS, in fact) isn't there? His suspicion is perhaps justified.

Edited by TheTerminator, 14 September 2013 - 10:32 PM.

Posted Image

#23 jaw

jaw
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

Oooooh straight out of the knife drawer!

Just why else would anyone go to Keighley other than for the money?

HTH

...... and why would anyone want to play for Dewsbury when there is a far Superior team in the Bulldogs just a minute or two down the road ? ;)

#24 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

...... and why would anyone want to play for Dewsbury when there is a far Superior team in the Bulldogs just a minute or two down the road ? ;)

Good old Batley fans always good for a laugh.How many of the 300 club are going to Leigh?

#25 jaw

jaw
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

Good old Batley fans always good for a laugh.How many of the 300 club are going to Leigh?

I wouldn't know as I'm not a Batley fan ;)

#26 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,635 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

I misread this.............I thought that you were saying it was -28C where you are at present.............I guessed that you were taking your bird watching to extremes.........Emperors or Rockhoppers? 

:laugh:

Much though I might have enjoyed that Bi11 I don't think the lady wife would have been too pleased.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#27 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

First team rugby? In a postion other than wing?

Nice one... Not often anyone pulls up BSJ.....big, big loss IMHO. I predict he will become a very good player under a coach that gives him a chance...

#28 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

I wonder which position James will play at the Cougars?

Mr March was lording Craig Moss as the best Full Back in the Championship a few weeks ago

in the Keighley News.

#29 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

Unless Craig moss is joining us?

#30 jaw

jaw
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

I believe Moss is having to retire due to having a lengthy injury this season

#31 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

Shame James is leaving us; I still think the best is yet to come from him and it should have been with us. Reminds me of Danny Brough, he moved on and look at him now!

I dislike these agents. Are they the player's boss? Seems they rule the roost and grab their fee without any thought but for lining the pocket.

Good luck to him.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#32 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

Shame James is leaving us; I still think the best is yet to come from him and it should have been with us. Reminds me of Danny Brough, he moved on and look at him now!

I dislike these agents. Are they the player's boss? Seems they rule the roost and grab their fee without any thought but for lining the pocket.

Good luck to him.

If I remember rightly Brough wanted more money which the club wouldn't pay so we sold/swapped him.

It is GMs job to pick the team and to be fair Morton has played well and Craven has been in the team and scoring tries iif not in his usual position. Lots of players have left the club and disappeared, that's professional sport. GM prefers Morton at full-back, Craven had the choice to play on the wing (not exactly a punishment) or leave so he has chosen to leave and fair play to him.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 17 September 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#33 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,635 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

If I remember rightly Brough wanted more money which the club wouldn't pay so we sold/swapped him.

It is GMs job to pick the team and to be fair Morton has played well and Craven has been in the team and scoring tries iif not in his usual position. Lots of players have left the club and disappeared, that's professional sport. GM prefers Morton at full-back, Craven had the choice to play on the wing (not exactly a punishment) or leave so he has chosen to leave and fair play to him.

And Keighley offered more money, remember!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)