Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Gameday moving to Saturday?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

What do you think of the proposal to move games to 6pm Saturday? For me it's a big inconvenience which will mean I won't be attending or offering any sponsorship next term.
Hope it doesn't happen, what's your thoughts?

#2 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

It's an idea but the supporters decide there is a vote to see what people want either 3 pm on Sunday or 6 pm Saturday
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#3 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

Indeed. It's a democracy.

#4 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

Interesting. You would lose the football crowd both those who watch and play it however I can see some will see it as an advantage

#5 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

Interesting. You would lose the football crowd both those who watch and play it however I can see some will see it as an advantage

especially those who consider match days as An excuse for a beer swilling session

#6 Woodlesford Hawk

Woodlesford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

As a season ticket holder at Elland road who also goes to most away matches, who also has 5 Hunslet season tickets. a move to Saturday night would mean me missing lots of home games unless they could fit them after the lufc home games. that I feel would be near on impossible. it would probably mean me mainly attending away fixtures next season

hope the vote stays with Sundays as it would mean a loss of 3 adult and 2 kids season tickets for the club. I would have to pick and choose the games I could fit in.

#7 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

Prefer sunday afternoon tbh, though i suppose an odd sat evening game to guage support wouldnt go amiss.

Posted Image

#8 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

It would mean after 20 years of been a season ticket holder, It would be the first time I would not be renewing.

#9 reggahs

reggahs
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

What do you think of the proposal to move games to 6pm Saturday? For me it's a big inconvenience which will mean I won't be attending or offering any sponsorship next term.
Hope it doesn't happen, what's your thoughts?

is that why you've voted at least twice :nono:

#10 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

School boy error, double the sponsorship I say...
Hawkeye
Posted Image

#11 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

Saturday evening would be a no from me.Sunday 3pm is fine.

#12 LincolnshireHawk

LincolnshireHawk
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

Maybe an idea would be to have 1 or 2 Saturday evening games and turn them into events with

barbecues e.t.c. If they were targeted at the better weather period ( don't laugh ) then maybe that

would attract the casual fan or two.

#13 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

Well it would certainly be a big inconvenience for me as well, certainly wouldn't be able to come to every match any more.

However it doesn't have to be a blanket switch. Pick a couple of home games in the first couple of months of the season for trial purposes - preferably away from Leeds United home games and school holidays - and let's see what happens ...  

#14 yll

yll
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

Im not a fan of the idea as it means my whole Saturday will have to be planned round matches.  If I want to go out Saturday night then I either have to come to the game ready to go & I dont fancy sitting in the stand in a dress & stillettoes! or get ready after the game which will mean not getting out till 10pm. If I want to do some shopping on Saturday afternoon I have to make sure Im back by 4 so can eat, get ready & be on my gate by 5pm.

Also wont we loose revenue by not beig able to hire the Phoenix bar out for parties?

My biggest negative is what am I going to do on a Sunday?  Sundays are rubbish with out rugby lol

#15 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

I didn't see any T&Cs saying I couldn't. The other vote was for my mum who doesn't have an email account 🙋

#16 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

Also just cos the emails have the same surname doesn't mean I voted more than once. Half a dozen of my family go to these games on Sundays.
Does that mean if I am called Smith you will only count one vote as you think Mr Smith has voted 500 times?

Edited by Gazmeister, 13 September 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#17 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

Maybe an idea would be to have 1 or 2 Saturday evening games and turn them into events with
barbecues e.t.c. If they were targeted at the better weather period ( don't laugh ) then maybe that
would attract the casual fan or two.

Great idea

#18 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Have just voted for Saturday.

Agree we should mix the fixtures-- nearby clubs on the Saturday and long distance clubs on the Sunday.

Will go by the majority decision, and pleased that HIST members were asked to vote..

#19 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

cheers mrbus..... oh hang on!!!!
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#20 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

What about a double header on a sat afternoon the Warriors or old boys kicking off at 3 or 4 then us kicking off at 6, worth a try ?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users