Gameday moving to Saturday?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

What do you think of the proposal to move games to 6pm Saturday? For me it's a big inconvenience which will mean I won't be attending or offering any sponsorship next term.
Hope it doesn't happen, what's your thoughts?

#2 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

It's an idea but the supporters decide there is a vote to see what people want either 3 pm on Sunday or 6 pm Saturday
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#3 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

Indeed. It's a democracy.

#4 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

Interesting. You would lose the football crowd both those who watch and play it however I can see some will see it as an advantage

#5 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

Interesting. You would lose the football crowd both those who watch and play it however I can see some will see it as an advantage

especially those who consider match days as An excuse for a beer swilling session

#6 Woodlesford Hawk

Woodlesford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

As a season ticket holder at Elland road who also goes to most away matches, who also has 5 Hunslet season tickets. a move to Saturday night would mean me missing lots of home games unless they could fit them after the lufc home games. that I feel would be near on impossible. it would probably mean me mainly attending away fixtures next season

hope the vote stays with Sundays as it would mean a loss of 3 adult and 2 kids season tickets for the club. I would have to pick and choose the games I could fit in.

#7 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

Prefer sunday afternoon tbh, though i suppose an odd sat evening game to guage support wouldnt go amiss.

Posted Image

#8 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

It would mean after 20 years of been a season ticket holder, It would be the first time I would not be renewing.

#9 reggahs

reggahs
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

What do you think of the proposal to move games to 6pm Saturday? For me it's a big inconvenience which will mean I won't be attending or offering any sponsorship next term.
Hope it doesn't happen, what's your thoughts?

is that why you've voted at least twice :nono:

#10 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

School boy error, double the sponsorship I say...
Hawkeye
Posted Image

#11 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

Saturday evening would be a no from me.Sunday 3pm is fine.

#12 LincolnshireHawk

LincolnshireHawk
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

Maybe an idea would be to have 1 or 2 Saturday evening games and turn them into events with

barbecues e.t.c. If they were targeted at the better weather period ( don't laugh ) then maybe that

would attract the casual fan or two.

#13 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 902 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

Well it would certainly be a big inconvenience for me as well, certainly wouldn't be able to come to every match any more.

However it doesn't have to be a blanket switch. Pick a couple of home games in the first couple of months of the season for trial purposes - preferably away from Leeds United home games and school holidays - and let's see what happens ...  

#14 yll

yll
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

Im not a fan of the idea as it means my whole Saturday will have to be planned round matches.  If I want to go out Saturday night then I either have to come to the game ready to go & I dont fancy sitting in the stand in a dress & stillettoes! or get ready after the game which will mean not getting out till 10pm. If I want to do some shopping on Saturday afternoon I have to make sure Im back by 4 so can eat, get ready & be on my gate by 5pm.

Also wont we loose revenue by not beig able to hire the Phoenix bar out for parties?

My biggest negative is what am I going to do on a Sunday?  Sundays are rubbish with out rugby lol

#15 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

I didn't see any T&Cs saying I couldn't. The other vote was for my mum who doesn't have an email account 🙋

#16 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

Also just cos the emails have the same surname doesn't mean I voted more than once. Half a dozen of my family go to these games on Sundays.
Does that mean if I am called Smith you will only count one vote as you think Mr Smith has voted 500 times?

Edited by Gazmeister, 13 September 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#17 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

Maybe an idea would be to have 1 or 2 Saturday evening games and turn them into events with
barbecues e.t.c. If they were targeted at the better weather period ( don't laugh ) then maybe that
would attract the casual fan or two.

Great idea

#18 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Have just voted for Saturday.

Agree we should mix the fixtures-- nearby clubs on the Saturday and long distance clubs on the Sunday.

Will go by the majority decision, and pleased that HIST members were asked to vote..

#19 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

cheers mrbus..... oh hang on!!!!
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#20 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

What about a double header on a sat afternoon the Warriors or old boys kicking off at 3 or 4 then us kicking off at 6, worth a try ?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users