Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Gameday moving to Saturday?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

It would suit me fine but it has to be a democratic vote for whichever. I guess there will be a lot of lushes who like their Saturday night out, but it would only be for home games I presume, so theoretically you could go out every other week.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#22 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

Where has this come from and why? Is it to save money? Is it cheaper to rent the stadium on a Saturday night? As for the away teams having to travel Gateshead and Celtic crusaders both played their home games at that time on a Saturday so I would have thought if the RFL are ok with it then it would be ok for us to

#23 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

What about a double header on a sat afternoon the Warriors or old boys kicking off at 3 or 4 then us kicking off at 6, worth a try ?

Not voted yet , but i'd vote to keep it sunday , Old Boys play winter and Warriors play summer Steve , there's a few fans and players of the amateur game that watch Hunslet and for me you'd be taken revenue from the Warriors , its £2.50 to watch Warriors and Old Boys just come round with a hat and people put in what they want.........there's more - than +'s for me............

#24 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Not voted yet , but i'd vote to keep it sunday , Old Boys play winter and Warriors play summer Steve , there's a few fans and players of the amateur game that watch Hunslet and for me you'd be taken revenue from the Warriors , its £2.50 to watch Warriors and Old Boys just come round with a hat and people put in what they want.........there's more - than +'s for me............

all depends what leeds tell them to do
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#25 attila the

attila the
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

all depends what leeds tell them to do

Oh dear.

Attila the

#26 yll

yll
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

What about a double header on a sat afternoon the Warriors or old boys kicking off at 3 or 4 then us kicking off at 6, worth a try ?

great idea, if that doesnt boost the home crowds nothing will

Edited by yll, 13 September 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#27 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Think it would be worth while trying it for 2 games and kicking off at 6pm as people could still go out from there. Do think it would effect the away support though.

Personally I go to lots of gigs usually on a Saturday , but could still go out from the game if the said gig was in Leeds, with the game finishing about 7.30pm.

I do prefer Sunday afternoon games to be honest.

#28 Normy

Normy
  • Players
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

I've just got my head round the 6 tackle rule! Got to stick with Sundays, can't do Saturdays. Where is the vote? Do MFW members vote? :banghead:

#29 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

great idea, if that doesnt boost the home crowds nothing will

Yes i think thats a great idea specially if sharlston are playing old boys great double header.
chappy

#30 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

I've just got my head round the 6 tackle rule! Got to stick with Sundays, can't do Saturdays. Where is the vote? Do MFW members vote? :banghead:

It's on the Hawks official web site

#31 pooliehawk

pooliehawk
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

As a fan in hartlepool I get to 5-6 games a season, and that is mainly due to games been on a sunday, the fact it can tie in with bring the kids home to leeds after been at mine for the weekend is brilliant.

Move to Saturday and well it will kill much chance of me getting to the games, may at best get to 2, so im for sticking to sunday, but im just one fan and it more about what is best for the club.

Why not just change say 2-3 games this season, againest teams like gloustershire or Oxford, were away support will be very thin, and see how it goes, see if it works.

#32 LongroydHawk

LongroydHawk
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

I'm not for it. I think we'll lose support rather than gain. We could try a couple of bigger games maybe. eg York.

#33 Normy

Normy
  • Players
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

For me it has got to be Sunday. Maybe the odd "special" game on a Saturday night, to see how it goes. :onthequiet:

#34 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

Congratulations for wantin to try a New Approach to boost crowds.Along with the half price entry for United ticket holders . How about a double decker bus to get fans to the Stadium . Transport , pint , pie ,Or ( a Bun ) ! And entry £10.I think this would be A Big Earner for Hunslet . GO FOR IT ! ! !

Edited by HUNSLET72, 21 September 2013 - 12:08 PM.