Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Martin Oglanby to stand down

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 casablanca

casablanca
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

http://www.timesands...-town-1.1083911

#2 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

Deserves a big thank you from everyone if you look at where we are now compared to when he started

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

all the best for the future martin, and what a top quality job hes done for our club.
will this mean charlton is in sole control or will we bring someone else in? maybe lupton or dowes to help out in a player/coach role
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#4 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

Cheers Martin, thanks for the last few years and good luck in the future.

#5 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

Great servant as player and coach. Family takes priority. Well done Martin and thanks very much. The club has moved on a long way since you joined.

#6 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

Thanks to Oggy for everything as both a player and a coach and good luck moving on. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#7 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

Thanks martin and all the best for the future.

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

One of the best players in a great team , and part of a coaching set up that's took us from the doldrums to the fringe of good things . Personally I feel we need fresh ideas and impetus from outside to build on the good foundations and get us banging on the door of that top 5 . Excellent job though getting this far . Cheers Martin

#9 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

thanks for your time and efforts Oggy ,a Townie through and through.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#10 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hope he reads all these messages..
Cheers for your efforts Oggy. We were in deep siht when you and Charlo took over,and although we arnt the finished artical we are not far away.thanks again.
UP THE TOWN.

Edited by Cato89, 13 September 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#11 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

Cheers Martin for all the work, time and effort you have put into the Town cause, enjoy a break you have earned it.

#12 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

good luck to him he and charlo done a very good job up there 

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Well done and Good Luck in the future, Oggy.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#14 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 849 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

Thank you oggy

#15 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Good luck for the future Oggy. Have enjoyed watching him as a player and during his tenure as Town coach. Town through and through and a credit to the club.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#16 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

Good luck for the future Oggy. Have enjoyed watching him as a player and during his tenure as Town coach. Town through and through and a credit to the club.

Exactly this. Hope it's not the last we've seen if Oggy in some capacity at DP. Enjoy your time with your family, you've earned it.
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users