Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Kingstone Press Championships awards nominees

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

The nominations for the 2013 Kingstone Press Championships awards have been announced.

Click here to view the article

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

The nominations for the 2013 Kingstone Press Championships awards have been announced.

Click here to view the article

Strange that not one player from the league leaders has been included.

Wonder if it's because they don't sell the sponsor's product at the ground.

#3 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,042 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Can't argue wi cooky's inclusion. He's been on fire all season. Much more consistent than any other half back incl those from my own club who are now hitting some rich seam of form but until Longy's arrival have had their inconsistencies.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#4 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Strange that not one player from the league leaders has been included.

Wonder if it's because they don't sell the sponsor's product at the ground.

Isn't the shortlist decided upon by the votes of all the coaches? Many of the Fev team have had peaks and troughs at various times throughout the season, so maybe those who were nominated from other clubs have been more consistent. Also, some players who have played to a consistent standard at Fev, such as Will Sharp, haven't played for a full season, which could also be taken into consideration.

Or maybe it's just a conspiracy. ;) :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#5 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,042 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

Isn't the shortlist decided upon by the votes of all the coaches? Many of the Fev team have had peaks and troughs at various times throughout the season, so maybe those who were nominated from other clubs have been more consistent. Also, some players who have played to a consistent standard at Fev, such as Will Sharp, haven't played for a full season, which could also be taken into consideration.

Or maybe it's just a conspiracy. ;) :lol:

That's just as I see it gaz. Ingy would have almost certainly have been nominated had he remained fit....
But, like wil sharp, you can't nominate on half a season's performance when the lijes of cooky have been on fire seemingly every week.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#6 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Coach
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

I'd thought andy Ellis would have been in with a shout personally but that might be club bias. Either way I can't argue with the nominations

#7 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

What... no Callum Phillips?

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012