Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Superb advert for the amateur game.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 chisholm 2

chisholm 2
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

What a game between Rose Bridge and St Pats, the best and most competitive game I have seen for a long time. Both sets of players where a credit to their clubs and  both teams will be very sore tomorrow. Well done to both sets of players it is just a pity that once again the main talking point was the incompetence and arrogance of the officials.

#2 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

I watched skirlaugh bulls v bramley buffaloes and the referee was atrocious to be honest turning the game into a pantomime

#3 terryg

terryg
  • Coach
  • 572 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

Highlights

#4 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

I attended the Rose Bridge .v. St. Pats game as a neutral. It was a credit to both teams. What a shame it was decided by a penalty. I don't think the officials had a particularly bad game but that decision alone ruined it for me. I didn't even notice what it was given for. I guess holding down, but I can't say I saw an infringement. Same thing happened to Eccles at Leigh East a few years ago. Fighting for our lives and lost to a last minute penalty for holding down. Surely a ref should know that a defender is not going to hold down an attacker in front of his own sticks when the decision could see his team relegated.

#5 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

Have you seen the incident at 10 mins on the video. I've seen penalties give for less. Pats were on a roll and the Bridge player's all over him. He could and should have rolled away. Fair penalty to me but agreed not a great way for any team to lose such a good contest.

#6 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

It was the correct decision.

I think the highlight was the non-tackle by the Pats 20, his team mates weren't best pleased.

Edited by once a ref always a ref, 17 September 2013 - 05:26 PM.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#7 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

It was the correct decision.

I think the highlight was the non-tackle by the Pats 20, his team mates weren't best pleased.

Going to see him in about 10 mins. I'll see if his ears are still red !

#8 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

The Ref shouted behind him that he was offside so he stood still, it makes him look bad when on reflection he knows he should of just tackled him and took the penalty.

Funny how the brain works I suppose

#9 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Not many watching did they know it was a Sky game ?

#10 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

The Ref shouted behind him that he was offside so he stood still, it makes him look bad when on reflection he knows he should of just tackled him and took the penalty.

Funny how the brain works I suppose

Apparently he got it at training!

Next time he'll just get pinged for offside and take the 2!

#11 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

Not many watching did they know it was a Sky game ?

Plenty there just not in front of the camera. Might have been more but the weather was a bit inclement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users