TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

SL Playoffs.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

Has anyone got their heads round the play off set up? I'm sure they just try to make more complicated to understand. What was wrong with it how it was when first played second to get to the GF and the losers play the best of the rest? Then came the stupid club call, now there are two halves of the draw and it's just far too over complicated. Typical RFL.

Good to see the consistent referee calls in the Wire v Rhinos game. Elliott Miller gives a player a dig on telly and get's a red card, Lee Briers does the same and get's a telling off when we are led to believe there is a directive punishing any punching with a red card - obviously depends who you are!!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

You can just about get your head around losing and staying in the comp ... But I'm lost with a team losing then getting home advantage next week against a team who's won !! A team can lose away then get a home game as a reward ... And a team can win at home then get to travel away next week ! There should a tangible punishment for losing , and playoff wins should be rewarded with home advantage . Top 8 is to many anyway . Or if it is top 8 how about simple knockout 1v8 2v7 etc etc . And a team can knock you out after youve beat them ! As for Briers , utterly ridiculous . I don't agree with the directive , but if its there why wasn't it applied ?? I was waiting for him to walk - what must Eliot and Joe Wardle think ? What's the odds on no suspension either ?
Good old Childs . And what is the point of Stuart Cummings ? Talk about money for old rope - he's not in the loop so it's just yet another opinion and voice . Why can't we just hear from the video ref and cut out the second guessing?

Edited by DavidM, 14 September 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#3 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

Tbh I quite enjoy Cummins trying to drum the rules into Stevo's thick skull - he has no chance but he keeps trying!!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#4 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

The whole thing is an absolute joke. It was introduced to give more games and increase revenue but the whole thing is an absolute joke......which pretty much sums rugby league up at the moment

And the double standards are ridiculous its either a rule or it isn't a rule and time the RFL grew some balls and started being impartial

Edited by GeordieTownie, 14 September 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#5 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

it should be a top 6 like it used to be. hull kr showed what a joke it is putting a 8th place team in it. the teams finishing 7th and 8th contributed a massive 8 points between them.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#6 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Well lads we where all very pleased when our lads reached the the play off,s???

#7 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

Briers the dirty little get should have walked, the Leeds player just showed him up that was all. Cant stand Leeds but how the hell was that a try from Westwood it was never grounded, even I could make that out and iv a glass eye!

#8 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

Briers the dirty little get should have walked, the Leeds player just showed him up that was all. Cant stand Leeds but how the hell was that a try from Westwood it was never grounded, even I could make that out and iv a glass eye!

I got the impression the crowd were reffing the match. Warrington appeared to have longer in the tackle and didn't appear to be subject to offside laws. Even Cummins said Briers should have got yellow minimum. Anyhow guess its someone else turn to win it this year though would prefer Huddersfield.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users