Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Blackbrook V Kells

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 AC3

AC3
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Pretty dissapointing from a spectators point of view today.

Watched a very competitive match for 65 minutes. Kells were winning 10-12. At this point the Blackbrook players were under the impression that Hindley were beating Pilks 12-6. Blackbrook scored to make it 14-12 and news got out that Pilkington had gone 12-14 up.

From what we were told, the Blackbrook coaching staff and some of the players didn't want Pilkington (being rivals) winning the league and therefore told the players to throw the game. From the next kick off Blackbrook let the ball go dead, had a goal line drop out which they kicked approximately 15 yards and the Kells 6 walked through on the next play.

Very disappointing as, at the time, Blackbrook were on top and there is still a lot to play for in Div3. Big wraps to the Blackbrook number 3 who ignored his coaches and bust his ######. 

Bit of a dampener on a very good game of Rugby

#2 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 670 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

Pretty dissapointing from a spectators point of view today.

Watched a very competitive match for 65 minutes. Kells were winning 10-12. At this point the Blackbrook players were under the impression that Hindley were beating Pilks 12-6. Blackbrook scored to make it 14-12 and news got out that Pilkington had gone 12-14 up.

From what we were told, the Blackbrook coaching staff and some of the players didn't want Pilkington (being rivals) winning the league and therefore told the players to throw the game. From the next kick off Blackbrook let the ball go dead, had a goal line drop out which they kicked approximately 15 yards and the Kells 6 walked through on the next play.

Very disappointing as, at the time, Blackbrook were on top and there is still a lot to play for in Div3. Big wraps to the Blackbrook number 3 who ignored his coaches and bust his ######.

Bit of a dampener on a very good game of Rugby

The coach is a clown, allegedly :)

#3 apple

apple
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

Who is the coach now thought the Head Coach had been suspended by the NCL

#4 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hindley gave pilks one hell of a game yesterday
Kells n underbank are without doubt the best two teams in NCL 3.

#5 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 670 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Who is the coach now thought the Head Coach had been suspended by the NCL

Mark Lee I think mate

#6 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

If that is true it is an absolute disgrace and needs investigating. Those alleged actions now mean that Underbank will miss out on promotion even if they manage to beat Kells, if Pilks win at Woolston. If Brook had gone on to beat Kells, then Kells v Underbank would have had a straight promotion decider. Underbank must be fuming!

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#7 AC3

AC3
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

I assume the coach who had been suspended was the gentlemen who abused the ref after Blackbrooks game with Pilks. If that's the case then he was still coaching and was shouting for Kells to 'take 2' when Kells had taken the lead and Blackbrook had given away a penalty.

It's poor from Blackbrook as, as I said, they were taking control of the game and it could have a huge impact on the final league standings.

A Blackbrook player who wasn't actually playing was the person who told us that they were throwing the game. In his defence he didn't agree with it either and ran on to the pitch after they 'let' Kells score to gee them up.

Even if it's investigated I don't see there being much hope of anything being resolved. Technically Kells weren't in the wrong and punishing Blackbrook won't affect the final league standings.

#8 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

I don't believe any of this ######. Rugby League players don't walk on the pitch to lose.

#9 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

Mark Lee is a feisty character who doesn't like losing. I don't believe for one minute that he gave a "tinkers cuss" as to what was happening in Wigan. I have always found Blackbrook to be an honest, well run club.

#10 AC3

AC3
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

I'm not asking you to believe me! And I am not going to get anything from lying about it. I'm going off what I was told by one of the Brook players. Why he would lie to me I don't know.

I have never had any bad experiences when playing at Brook at either junior or open age.

I'm not even saying that Blackbrook would have gone on to win the game as Kells are a quality side but I know what I was told and what I heard.

#11 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

I know what I was told and what I heard.

And you certainly fell for it.  Rumour and hearsay, what would we do without them.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#12 AC3

AC3
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

And you certainly fell for it.  Rumour and hearsay, what would we do without them.

Expected nothing less than a dull, patronising response from yourself.

#13 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

Not patronising, just critical and accurate.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#14 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

Rugby Players always tell the truth, especially at their disciplinary hearings  :angel:

#15 sergei bubka

sergei bubka
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Mark Lee is a feisty character who doesn't like losing. I don't believe for one minute that he gave a "tinkers cuss" as to what was happening in Wigan. I have always found Blackbrook to be an honest, well run club.

is that the same mark lee that was in charge when blackbrook got relegated from the nwc prem for calling off a game against pilks claiming the club had no hot water? think it happend to be the same weekend blackbrook hada few players away. i remember it was found to be complete bulls#1t and thats why they got relegated.

from what ive heard the bloke is a law unto himself and it wouldnt suprise me if all of this was true.

also heard he was supposed to be coaching lancashire this year even though he isnt qualified to.

GREASE MY POLE!

#16 AC3

AC3
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

Not patronising, just critical and accurate.

Critical, yes... Accurate I'm not so sure.

#17 AC3

AC3
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

is that the same mark lee that was in charge when blackbrook got relegated from the nwc prem for calling off a game against pilks claiming the club had no hot water? think it happend to be the same weekend blackbrook hada few players away. i remember it was found to be complete bulls#1t and thats why they got relegated.

from what ive heard the bloke is a law unto himself and it wouldnt suprise me if all of this was true.

also heard he was supposed to be coaching lancashire this year even though he isnt qualified to.

Sounds like he has a good record then! ;)

#18 Al Murray

Al Murray
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

All sounds like sour grapes too me!! With these kind of accusations I'm presuming you must know him on a personal level!!!!! 

#19 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

The coach is a clown, allegedly :)

Mark lee I believe, former salford pro!

#20 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 670 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

All sounds like sour grapes too me!! With these kind of accusations I'm presuming you must know him on a personal level!!!!!

I don't know him personally but after witnessing things for myself don't disagree with any comments or the alleged letting Kells win, majority of coaches in that league are behaved and can control themselves on the touchline even when things not going right for them.

What is the crack this weekend then? Are Kells definitely up? And will this weekend results decide 2nd place?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users