Photo
- - - - -

Haven Announce Biggest Signing in Years.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

A 25 seater team bus, well its an improvement for Eilbecks 16 seater minibus  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

#2 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

Does any of you guys know if Haven have got rid of Jamie Rooney just ive heard a rumor he has not been kept on
chappy

#3 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

Don't think they have signed him back on

#4 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

They told him weeks ago he was being released.

#5 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

Another player who didn't come cheap

#6 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Thanks for that
chappy

#7 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

rooney would be worth a punt for us
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#8 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Wouldn't have him

#9 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Lupton is better
Rooney is a great kicker but can also go missing when the going gets tough ask karl olstrum

#10 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Rooney yes good kicking game but so has Lupton Rooney got no pace we need pacy 7

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

Yes , Rooney and Lupton are to similar to play together . He could understudy Peter but we need a line breaker and creator to come onboard . I'd take Craven if we could get him on a long loan , or alternative young SL prospect . Loan would give more consistency .

Edited by DavidM, 15 September 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#12 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

Liam Campbell town era type of half back for sure, Callum can do it but we need another option too!!

#13 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

Liam Campbell town era type of half back for sure, Callum can do it but we need another option too!!

liam hasnt signed for barrow yet, and works in haven. maybe some of the wages saved on thacks and calders should be thrown at him. and he can play fullback

Edited by wonky, 15 September 2013 - 09:11 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#14 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Good call that but if all the rumours were correct he had agreed to move to Whitehaven sometime ago so could be a little too late for that hope not tho

#15 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

Just hope that Brett carter as a good look about and see,s where he is best off??

#16 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

Cant see brett leaving you lot his gotta community rugby league job in allerdale hasn't he or summit like that

#17 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

Good call that but if all the rumours were correct he had agreed to move to Whitehaven sometime ago so could be a little too late for that hope not tho

According to the rumours Haven had signed Liam Harrison, Nathan Mossop, Andrew Dawson and Liam Campbell.

3 of those 4 names have signed on for us already, I'd say it's 50/50 for Campbell signing for us or Haven.

#18 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

I'd say go for neither Rooney or Campbell, although if pushed I'd pick Campbell out of the two but neither will come cheap.

In Callum we have a fantastic player, if we can add either an amateur star, a hungry ex SL player, or maybe young Gilmore ( is that his name?) who the Widnes fans rate so highly on a season long loan. Then coupled with the experience of Lupton and Forber as a back up then surely we aren't too far away.

IMO the money would be better spent on a center, as I think the link between the wingers and those inside was our weakest point last season. Having said that finding this player might not be so easy!

The coaches and board will no doubt be working hard as we speak to get the right players in.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#19 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

I'd say go for neither Rooney or Campbell, although if pushed I'd pick Campbell out of the two but neither will come cheap.

In Callum we have a fantastic player, if we can add either an amateur star, a hungry ex SL player, or maybe young Gilmore ( is that his name?) who the Widnes fans rate so highly on a season long loan. Then coupled with the experience of Lupton and Forber as a back up then surely we aren't too far away.

IMO the money would be better spent on a center, as I think the link between the wingers and those inside was our weakest point last season. Having said that finding this player might not be so easy!

The coaches and board will no doubt be working hard as we speak to get the right players in.

You lot need a centre we will if JJP doesn,t come back from what ive heard were both gonna  try and get scott lofthouse from kells would fit right in both teams been a barla international for years

#20 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

I think Donald it would pay you to think of what your lot need in your team than coming on here telling us what we need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users