Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

HORNETS IN THE FINAL!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

GET IN LADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pUGWASH.

Edited by Pugwash, 15 September 2013 - 04:21 PM.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#2 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Well done Rochdale, from an equally buzzing (no pun intended) Batley fan.

#3 Hatter Hornet

Hatter Hornet
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Well done hornets. great result at the dump.

#4 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Congrats to Hornets from a Crusaders fan. Two equal teams in terrible conditions. The difference was hornets' kicking game was better. Oh well, looks like I will be getting wet again next week. Nice to see Gateshead fans at the game today - well done.

#5 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Congrats to Hornets from a Crusaders fan. Two equal teams in terrible conditions. The difference was hornets' kicking game was better. Oh well, looks like I will be getting wet again next week. Nice to see Gateshead fans at the game today - well done.

Thank you CR. As you say the difference was Hornets kicking game. Crook's kicking particularly in the first half was superb. It took a great deal of pressure off the Hornets defence.

It was good to see you and the Gateshead lads at the game. It is just a pity that official from the Rugby Football League we not there to see the disgusting facilities that spectators had to suffer.

It was a professional match played on 3rd world facilities. It should not be allowed at this level of rugby, And please OLdham supporters dont come on here saying that I am making these comment just because we won. Had we lost they would have been even worse. Why, why, why do you put up with such ###### facilities.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#6 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Fantasic effort from 1 to 17 the pack was awesome and Crookys kicking superb.I think it might be the Skolars in the final that game will have taken a lot out of Oldham.

#7 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Best team on the day won the game well done n hopefully meet again in the final

#8 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

Well done lads, you did us proud!! Well done to Ian Talbot and the coaching staff for giving us our first final for ages.

Paul Crook is in the form of his life,never seen such wonderful tactical kicking.

Hope we play Oldham at Leigh. Our team spirit is top drawer, and hopefully it will bring us victory.

#9 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

Great result for Hornets controlled the wet ball better than Oldham and took their chances well.  I felt sorry for them after the game when again there was NO HOT WATER in the away showers and some of the players had to use the officials dressing room once the ref and the other officials had got changed . Some players just got changed and were going home for showers .

Big well done for the fans that turned up in horrible conditions too.

Good luck for the Final at LSV

#10 ormskirknet

ormskirknet
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

Fantastic result in what must have been shocking conditions.

Let not fall in love with ourselves just yet, the jobs not finished. But we've given ourselves a great chance to redeem a season that at certain points looked lost.

Well done lads! Believe

#11 mrbenarthur

mrbenarthur
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Thank you CR. As you say the difference was Hornets kicking game. Crook's kicking particularly in the first half was superb. It took a great deal of pressure off the Hornets defence.
It was good to see you and the Gateshead lads at the game. It is just a pity that official from the Rugby Football League we not there to see the disgusting facilities that spectators had to suffer.
It was a professional match played on 3rd world facilities. It should not be allowed at this level of rugby, And please OLdham supporters dont come on here saying that I am making these comment just because we won. Had we lost they would have been even worse. Why, why, why do you put up with such ###### facilities.

Poor conditions. I dread how Oldham will get the stadium up to scratch should promotion happen.

As for the RFL official, there was two there today in the sponsors lounge so hopefully they will report back to HQ and ask for money to be thrown at Whitebank.

Other than the weather, great last twenty minutes for us but too many errors meant that Rochdale made the most of today. Congratulations to you Hornets lot!

#12 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

Congratulations on reaching the final Hornets.

Regards 7

#13 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

I now look forward to all the Talbot haters coming on here and withdrawing their hateful posts.

I wish I could have been there today, but one way or another I will be at the LSV.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#14 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

Congratulations Rochdale...FEV fan;

#15 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

Well done Rochdale...good luck in the final

#16 Expat exile

Expat exile
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

I now look forward to all the Talbot haters coming on here and withdrawing their hateful posts.

I wish I could have been there today, but one way or another I will be at the LSV.

Pugwash.

Fickle email warriors eating humble pie through gritted teeth...

well done boys and all the coaching staff - fat lady isn't singing yet tho!

#17 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

. Llongyfarciadau,  well done Hornets. See you at the LSV as there's a minibus full of Cru lads and lasses going for the day out.

#18 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

Yep,well done lads. Mad Mal texted me the full time score about 2am here in Oz. The wife said,"Who the hell`s that at this time of night?". I said,"It`s just Mal telling me that Hornets have won and are now in the final,so how about a cuddle?" Needless to say that idea got swiftly rejected,so I got up and celebrated with a nice cuppa. Great stuff,all the very best to Hornets for the final on the 29th. How come the finals aren`t at Old Trafford this year?

#19 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

Am I the only one who has noticed that this, the best news for many a long year, has been ignored by all the people who were first on here with their anti-Talbot garbage every time there was a reversal?

Success and good news will always find them out!!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#20 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

Am I the only one who has noticed that this, the best news for many a long year, has been ignored by all the people who were first on here with their anti-Talbot garbage every time there was a reversal?

Success and good news will always find them out!!

Pugwash.

Personally even if we don't win promotion I think it'll have been a reasonably successful year and Talbot can be very pleased with his performance along with the rest of the coaching staff and players. But I bet certain posters will disagree, I wonder which posters they'll be  :P

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users