Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

oldham22 Rochdale 23

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 691 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

London at home next week. Poor first half and better second half. Bad conditions and too many errors in critical areas

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#2 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

Poor performance and poor crowd. I know the weather and lack of cover will have put many off but just 619 for our local derby and a play off is abysmal. I hate the play offs.

Edited by sheddings69, 15 September 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#3 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 701 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

The first competitive match in an age, will have done us good as a run out.

But I  fear our chances against Skolars. Don't know why.

#4 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 691 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

Another very close local derby between Oldham and Rochdale, Rochdale used the kicking game to perfection in the first and took the lead with several successful 40 / 20s. Oldham missed Richard Lipori, who was on international duty with Italy. Rochdale put young Tom Whitehead under pressure and he coped okay but he made several errors in critical areas thus giving Rochdale possession on Oldham's try line. Oldham's defence coped well because from the amount of possession Rochdale had in the first half should have been further in the lead at half time. Rochdale's second try was a gift after Oldham dropped the ball on there own try line. 14 6 at half time.

The second half was much better from Oldham and some exciting rugby saw the scores 22 each before Crook slotted over a drop goal to send Rochdale to a final. Rochdale kicked Oldham to death in the first half but surely the coaching staff should have accounted for this because Rochdale's game plan very rarely changes from the long tactical kick. The Rochdale number 21 appeared leave the field early, so we hope his injury is not to serious, well serious enough to keep him out for three weeks)

Dale Bloomfield needs to learn to keep a level head, the Rochdale supporters were giving him some stick and he was biting ever time, ignore them and concentrate on the game Bloomers.

The conditions were horrible and this was Oldham's first competitive match since 15th August 2013, (4 weeks) but these are not excuses, Rochdale won and we get another crack at the final next week at home to London. We (Oldham) always seem to do things the hard way but London will be very difficult to beat next week. if you consider it was been 4 weeks since are last match and we only lost by one point in very bad conditions it wasn't all doom and gloom.

Rochdale have had two very close games in the last two weeks and won them both, so it sets up a very competitive final who ever plays Rochdale.

Come On Oldham!!!!!

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#5 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 691 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

But I agree, the play offs have never been kind to us.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#6 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 691 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

I wonder if Dr K will only buys us if we are in the Championship ha ha ha !!!!!

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#7 higgy

higgy
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hate to say it but the best team won, awful first half on our part thought Whitehead had a stinker, and we were kicked to death, anybody know what happened to Lepori?

Well done Hornets hope we see you in the final.

#8 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 701 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

Hate to say it but the best team won, awful first half on our part thought Whitehead had a stinker, and we were kicked to death, anybody know what happened to Lepori?

Re Lepori see Oldham 13's report

Another very close local derby between Oldham and Rochdale, Rochdale used the kicking game to perfection in the first and took the lead with several successful 40 / 20s. Oldham missed Richard Lipori, who was on international duty with Italy. Rochdale put young Tom Whitehead under pressure and he coped okay but he made several errors in critical areas thus giving Rochdale possession on Oldham's try line. Oldham's defence coped well because from the amount of possession Rochdale had in the first half should have been further in the lead at half time. Rochdale's second try was a gift after Oldham dropped the ball on there own try line. 14 6 at half time.

The second half was much better from Oldham and some exciting rugby saw the scores 22 each before Crook slotted over a drop goal to send Rochdale to a final. Rochdale kicked Oldham to death in the first half but surely the coaching staff should have accounted for this because Rochdale's game plan very rarely changes from the long tactical kick. The Rochdale number 21 appeared leave the field early, so we hope his injury is not to serious, well serious enough to keep him out for three weeks)

Dale Bloomfield needs to learn to keep a level head, the Rochdale supporters were giving him some stick and he was biting ever time, ignore them and concentrate on the game Bloomers.

The conditions were horrible and this was Oldham's first competitive match since 15th August 2013, (4 weeks) but these are not excuses, Rochdale won and we get another crack at the final next week at home to London. We (Oldham) always seem to do things the hard way but London will be very difficult to beat next week. if you consider it was been 4 weeks since are last match and we only lost by one point in very bad conditions it wasn't all doom and gloom.

Rochdale have had two very close games in the last two weeks and won them both, so it sets up a very competitive final who ever plays Rochdale.

Come On Oldham!!!!!

#9 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

When the final hooter goes on finals day, today's result will be irrelevant. If this is the route we have to take, then this is the route we have to take.

#10 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

As a neutral I thought the only difference between the sides was Hornets kicking abilities. Enjoyed the game. Weather conditions seem to have kept all but the hardiest supporters away. Not much atmosphere I'm afraid. Looking forward to the game next week now.

#11 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 691 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Thank you for attending the game today Celtic Rooster, I think the atmosphere was due to the weather conditions.

Next weeks game will be a close affair again, No real favourites on paper for next weeks game! 

I see the Rochdale message board are tipping London to win because todays game took a lot out of Oldham's pack, (Not too sure about that)

If we get promoted we will not have listen and read about Rochdale's supporters opinions about our ground. (Big Doug) questions why the RFL allow rugby to be played in a third world facilities. Ask the RFL? The ground is not ideal but it is all we have at the moment. People have short memories, Dale haven't always played in a nice ground.  The facilities are what they are, both clubs have been rebranded,  re launched, re financed because of financial difficulties, and at the moment you are playing in a tidy ground and we are not. Simple. Everybody is always welcome but if you don't like the ground don't come!

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#12 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Thank you for attending the game today Celtic Rooster, I think the atmosphere was due to the weather conditions.

Next weeks game will be a close affair again, No real favourites on paper for next weeks game! 

I see the Rochdale message board are tipping London to win because todays game took a lot out of Oldham's pack, (Not too sure about that)

If we get promoted we will not have listen and read about Rochdale's supporters opinions about our ground. (Big Doug) questions why the RFL allow rugby to be played in a third world facilities. Ask the RFL? The ground is not ideal but it is all we have at the moment. People have short memories, Dale haven't always played in a nice ground.  The facilities are what they are, both clubs have been rebranded,  re launched, re financed because of financial difficulties, and at the moment you are playing in a tidy ground and we are not. Simple. Everybody is always welcome but if you don't like the ground don't come!

The old Athletic Grounds, at its worst, was better than anything you have now and yes I didnt turn up today..................I think its called common sense

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#13 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

Best team won overall, difficult day for our full back and thought we looked a bit lightweight against a big pack in the first half and too many errors. Better in the second half and could have won it in the end  but lost posession in our own half due to a poor kick and the game was gone. Next week will not be easy.

One for all and all for the one

#14 m brooksy

m brooksy
  • Coach
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Best team won. Need to improve significantly on our first half effort if we want to get into the final never mind win it.

#15 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

Be nice if your visitors could have had a warm shower !!

#16 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

What a shambles of a set up. Hornets players had no hot water to shower with after the game. It's not the first time this season that this has happened. I would ashamed to have such a set up.
Just out of interest what is the reason that you cannot play at Boundary Park?

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#17 tub

tub
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

Crook totally bossed the show, our full back will learn from his mistakes, if we get to the final still think we will edge it on a better surface as our forwards our more mobile , also help if we can make better use of Ford than we did today !

#18 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

You said it all Higgy , kicked to death , on a ground Oldhgam players should know inside out . . . after all they play there every other week and train on the pitch ..........dont they ???. . . . Outscore the opposition again , in tries , , ,  but goals . . .  forget it . . .  Bernard Ganley would turn in his grave

Posted Image

#19 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

The facilities at Whitebank are ######, but for the time being, that's all they have. Stop rubbing salt in the wounds Hornets fans. I am impressed after the game today, and by the comments on here that the Oldham fans readily agree that the best team won. Things can change very quickly when finance is more important in a game than ability. Enjoy your "day in the sun" , forgive the pun, but nothing has been decided yet? 

#20 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Do they have facilities at whitebank?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users