Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

oldham22 Rochdale 23

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 699 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

rooster....as a minimum we should be providing basic hygiene facilities for the players.

All the players on that pitch yesterday deserve a medal for playing as well as they did in those conditions and at least a hot shower after it.

Its very embarrassing that we cant provide this.

#22 higgy

higgy
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

rooster....as a minimum we should be providing basic hygiene facilities for the players.

All the players on that pitch yesterday deserve a medal for playing as well as they did in those conditions and at least a hot shower after it.

Its very embarrassing that we cant provide this.

Got to agree its a disgrace not being able to supply a hot shower in this day and age, surely we should have electric showers fitted if we cant get how water piped in, do we know a reason why we can't provide a shower???

#23 cluedo

cluedo
  • Coach
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

before a club gets accepted to the NW counties league one of the requirements is changing facilities with hot showers, how a professional body are allowed to get away with this is a disgrace,

#24 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Should the Rugby League allow a match to be played there next Sunday if showers are not available for players. ?????

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#25 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

I brought up the issue with showers before the start of the season and had many many post on the subject.

The system in place is insufficient to supply both changing rooms at once so you either get scolded or freeze. This may contribute to lads getting muscle strains as well as not being able to wash after a game. It's supposedly been fixed a number of times but has been no better since we moved to whitebank. It's very embarassing for the club/supporters and fans. Some will say well at least we own our ground which is a fair point and personally I will put up with paying to park in a quagmire if I could see some improvement. For me the showers shoudl be a priority and a small return for what we have to put up with at the moment. I know the club are balancing the books in difficult times but please a decent shower is minimum.  Our lads are already being approached by other clubs and you can bet the first thing said would be "well at least you can have a hot shower with us"

Planning permission is not required to upgrade the shower room so no excuse there either!

One for all and all for the one

#26 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

Whitebank is not fit for the purpose of professional sport. The club has had enough time to sort this problem out. Its not fair on the players and they should not be expected to have to put up with it.

#27 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

34 of these might do it.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item53fb1022f5

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#28 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

Our lads are already being approached by other clubs and you can bet the first thing said would be "well at least you can have a hot shower with us"

To be honest, that phrase wouldnt actually be all that attractive to me if I was a Professional Rugby Player, but thanks for posting it as it certainly gave me a hoot on an otherwise wet and miserable Monday afternoon!

#29 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

http://www.portakabi...-contracts.html

Give 'em a call.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#30 roughyed

roughyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

If the club were genuinely serious about promotion jobs like having proper shower facilities would have been carried out by now,accepted crowds are down but who wants to watch games there its devoid of any atmosphere and not fan friendly.Who will pay for the work necessary to improve this depressing place the club have nothing and no signs of getting anything why should a benefactor by nothing.People will say its home but so is Strangeways to lots of people,it's not acceptable to ask players to play in horrible conditions and then go home dirty C.H should be ashamed of him self and why does the R.F.L do nothing about the diabolical conditions.

#31 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

Everybody seems to be having a rant about the facilities. Now I know there have been problems in the past but this latest episode started when someone called Riggy posted on the Rochdale forum. Everyone else is restating it as ggospel. So does anyone know the facts. Not I know a mate who's mum saw a woman who used to go out with a hornets player who says the showers were a bit warm.

#32 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 772 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

Everybody seems to be having a rant about the facilities. Now I know there have been problems in the past but this latest episode started when someone called Riggy posted on the Rochdale forum. Everyone else is restating it as ggospel. So does anyone know the facts. Not I know a mate who's mum saw a woman who used to go out with a hornets player who says the showers were a bit warm.

Confirmed by the players on twitter that there was no hot water to shower some used the referees shower once the officials had finished some used the WHB and some just dressed and went home to shower .This is not the first time and Hornets are not the only club its happened to,it really does need to be sorted as does the rest of Whitebank you have had plenty of time to get basic facilities built.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#33 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

I don't think anyone is arguing with you hornet. I'm surprised we have got away with it for so long. It is a problem with the water supply i believe. Now back to the game. It was a well deserved win by Hornets, they adapted to the conditions far better than Oldham and their kicking game was awesome. I am still convinced we will beat you in the final though. Big pitch and the conditions can't be worse than yesterday. But enjoy your victory, you deserve it.

#34 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

Perhaps  you  could try  playing  in  sundays  conditions  without  having  a    hot  shower  then  have  to  travel  back  to  London  like  the  Skolars  may  have to  next  sunday.

Why  should  the  away  teams  have  second  use  of  these  primative  conditions anyway?

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#35 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

Perhaps you could try playing in sundays conditions without having a hot shower then have to travel back to London like the Skolars may have to next sunday.

Why should the away teams have second use of these primative conditions anyway?

like tosh says we are not arguing with you. Just wondered who's saying what. If true then it is not acceptable. We should have the facilities, end of story.

#36 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Providing we get past Skolars (no given) with no serious injuries, this defeat could actually turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Had we won yesterday, we would have arrived at the final for only our second game in six weeks, and could well have been seriously undercooked. What we now need are two consecutive performances similar to what we produced against Crusaders and Skolars a few weeks back. Is it possible? Hope so. Fingers crossed. Also, I'm not saying Hornets were lucky in either game (I wasn't at either), but this is a cup competition where you need luck, and maybe they've had theirs with two consecutive games where they've been outscored on tries by the opposition. I know it's probably clutching at straws, but, hey, I'm an Oldham supporter, this is the play offs, and we all know what's happened before!

#37 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

The first competitive match in an age, will have done us good as a run out.

But I  fear our chances against Skolars. Don't know why.

Boy I am I glad I was so wrong.

4 weeks off is a clear disadvantage, but it seems the season end form is back on track (fingers crossed)

Could this be our year at least?

Don't think there will ever be a better chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users