Brilliant

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Great effort from the boys today! Proud of every single one of them, even Gareth Moore!

I wrote the team off mid season and am quite happy to eat humble pie - the bulldog spirit is there for all to see!

Bring on Fev or Fax in the semis, neither hold any fear now!
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,285 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

I'm not making any predictions BTJ, bit fev will be a different proposition to leigh owd cock.
Looking forrad to it cos I can't see dews doing sheff
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'm not making any predictions BTJ, bit fev will be a different proposition to leigh owd cock.
Looking forrad to it cos I can't see dews doing sheff

Hope the Fev team are as over confident as you are! Should have beaten you in the league game there and its a one off semi final so IMO Its anyones game.

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

We've pushed fev close twice this season, time to push em over the cliff on sunday.......Can't wait to face my second favorite team.........and beat them ;)

Great effort today and can hardly speak I shouted myself horse

Neigh :lol:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#5 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,285 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Hope the Fev team are as over confident as you are! Should have beaten you in the league game there and its a one off semi final so IMO Its anyones game.

Over confident? Where on earth do you dig that up from???
I'm far from that!!!
I just don't rate Leigh this season. Fev WILL be a different proposition.... in my opinion. Do you not agree with that? How do you conclude over confidence from that?

#6 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

Over confident? Where on earth do you dig that up from???
I'm far from that!!!
I just don't rate Leigh this season. Fev WILL be a different proposition.... in my opinion. Do you not agree with that? How do you conclude over confidence from that?

Maybe you didnt mean it but it Just read as slightly arrogant thats all 'owd cock'.

Should be a hell of a game next week.

Edited by buford t justice, 15 September 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#7 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,285 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

Arrogant?? You obviously don't know me. Lagoon next week. Introduce thi sen. I'll either be putting the world to rights wi Batley Bob or talking abject sheeeite to the terminator!

Edited by Robin Evans, 15 September 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#8 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

It's gonna be a great game next week. Best team to go through, but I think the overall winner is coming from this semi-final.

#9 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,285 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

It's gonna be a great game next week. Best team to go through, but I think the overall winner is coming from this semi-final.

hmmmmm..........
After previous years I'm declining to comment...

#10 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

I'm so giddy, my Mrs has told me to go av a lay down in a dark room :lol:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#11 Mike Oxhard

Mike Oxhard
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

She said that to me other week too :-)

#12 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

She said that to me other week too :-)

Oh I wondered who that was :girlinlove:

#13 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

back to today......loved it, well done
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#14 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

Batley will have to score some tries v Fev, can't rely on the Ref for this one. :P

#15 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

Batley will have to score some tries v Fev, can't rely on the Ref for this one. :P

Er, forward pass?

#16 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

MAGIC. massive effort all over the pitch today from the dogs,we looked the fitter of the two teams in the last 30 for sure, great defence again on show.davis was super today,kegan made yards with 3 players hung on again today,pains me to say it but moore had a cracking game and made use of the wind very well, well played leigh that were a cracking game for the tv. but sorry budgiezilla if you think you were hard done to you need to go watch the game again and count how many cheap shots come in 3rd man from your lads that done even get noticed, your players spend far too much timing beefing with the ref and each other even if they have been given the decision their way. i doubt fev game will come down to a drop goal but likes been said to win it we have to beat the best so who knows.  moments in history again maybe.. :rap:

#17 phildog

phildog
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:53 PM

Agree that we have to open up and run at 'em next week, we won't beat them with goalkicks, but Leigh can't complain, they got 1 definite and possibly a 2nd try given, and they gave away the penalties so only themselves to blame. Like JK said on telly, against Workington we knew that if they scored 1 we could score 2, but Fev are a different proposition and if we score 1 we have to stop them getting 1 back, tall order me thinks. One doubt on my horizon though -thought Walmsley was poor today, nearly every error came from him plus a couple of penalties which could have cost us. Think next week we should put Faal back at centre and Brev in the pack.

#18 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

That game had everything and it just reminded me of a certain jay duffy drop goal last time but credit goes to all 34 player be some stiff bodys in morning but our staff will get it out of them and just remember write us of at our luck because jk knows how to do it!

#19 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

I'm over it now....very exciting game, now it's 9 years without a play-off win for us !!!

good luck at Fev guys.

#20 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

It was never about opening up and scoring tries. In conditions as bad as l have ever seen it was about keeping discipline, respecting possession and taking chances, all three aspects in which we excelled. Our forwards were outstanding and our defence was as tough as ever.
Our back three took the ball well and Greenwood was terrific as usual and really put his opposite number in the shade. I was also pleased for Moore who kicked intelligently and skillfully all game. He also ran well with the ball.
Our overall play in extra time was good though we seemed to panic when the opportunities to win arose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users