TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Brilliant

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 977 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

Well done to the dogs looking forward to a cracking game at the weekend this one would have made a good final

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Jammy sods!!

:tease:

Well done and good luck at Fev. I reckon if you can get to the final you will be favourites.

:ph34r:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#23 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

All the best at Fev

#24 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 701 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

Heart says we can go all the way but head is saying that featherstone are going to be a bit too much for us especially after such a tough encounter with leigh

#25 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Thankyou bs and rombo ur comments are very kind all the best for next season hope to c u on boxingday hopfully not winning of course lol

#26 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

Just popped on to say congratulations on yesterday and good luck at Fev.

It may have been three tries to one, but the ultimate result reflected the way the game went, for my money. Incredible really, that's 240 minutes plus, that you've played at our place this season, and only scored TWO tries in all that time, yet look who's just 80 minutes from a Grand Final!

Fev may be favourites, but everyone loves an under-(Bull)dog. Just remember the NRC, back in July 2010, and what that did for the club.

#27 Mike Oxhard

Mike Oxhard
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

The best post I've seen from a non bulldog fan Alan.
Hope we get a couple more tries there in grand final!
Thank you.. Look forward more great games with you lot next season. There's been many a close encounter between us lately.
Far cry from one of my first games as a batley an when you beat us (72 nil I think it was) up at mount in eighties!!!

#28 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Just popped on to say congratulations on yesterday and good luck at Fev.

It may have been three tries to one, but the ultimate result reflected the way the game went, for my money. Incredible really, that's 240 minutes plus, that you've played at our place this season, and only scored TWO tries in all that time, yet look who's just 80 minutes from a Grand Final!

Fev may be favourites, but everyone loves an under-(Bull)dog. Just remember the NRC, back in July 2010, and what that did for the club.

As ever, a true gent, Alan.

Hopefully we can do ourselves justice next week at Fev and then who knows?

#29 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

The best post I've seen from a non bulldog fan Alan.
Hope we get a couple more tries there in grand final!
Thank you.. Look forward more great games with you lot next season. There's been many a close encounter between us lately.
Far cry from one of my first games as a batley an when you beat us (72 nil I think it was) up at mount in eighties!!!

And if there'd been play-offs in those days, you'd probably have still stuffed us! I think our respective league positions & yesterday's game proved that there's nowt between us this season..................... except one team being 80 minutes away from a GF! (and that's at Leigh - so if you get through, just pretend you're playing us!!)

#30 phildog

phildog
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

We were on top for the first 25 minutes even though we conceeded that early try, and we were fitter and in charge over the last 20 minutes, it was just like the NRC final. When it came to the extra time, Leigh panicked I thought and didn't do the basics well, they looked as though they thought they had to score a try to win and their approach didn't pay off, whereas we were calm with the ball and worked the sets that we had well. If games were won on fitness we'd be champions, but we'll have to be on the best mettle ever this week to knock Rovers over. Could be another golden point game easily.

#31 bazbulldog

bazbulldog
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

I seem to remember  there was a period in the eighties or nineties when Batleys biggest home defeat was against Leigh and our biggest home victory was also against Leigh

can anyone confirm (or deny) that?

Edited by bazbulldog, 17 September 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#32 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

The win was a 78-22 score, can't remember exactly when, but I think Simon Wilson scored 2 tries and 11 goals for 30 points.

#33 MOONEY

MOONEY
  • Coach
  • 937 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:59 AM

The heavy defeat to leigh was 4 - 70 at the mount on 24/11/85 my first batley game, jps trophy match.

#34 MOONEY

MOONEY
  • Coach
  • 937 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:06 AM

Apologies it was 2 - 70.

#35 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 701 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

Wow. I was just 6 days old then lol

#36 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

I remember it well

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#37 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

I remember going to Leigh as a kid in 1992 and taking the spoils in a Premiership encounter. Leigh were in a division higher at the time, and had just been promoted to the top flight. Their fans weren't happy that day...
We seem to have been a bit of an inconvenience for them ever since.

Edited by TheTerminator, 18 September 2013 - 09:37 AM.

Posted Image

#38 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

They beat Fev at FEV a few years back 75-22 and their odd point came from a drop goal when they led 48-0 just before half time;

#39 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'm not making any predictions BTJ, bit fev will be a different proposition to leigh owd cock.

Eh dear, Robin.  Apparently not. :(

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#40 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

CONGRATULATIONS Batley..fully deserved (Fev fan)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users