TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

NFL 2013

Whos Your Team?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,198 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

Two more NFL players die very young Thomas Howard (30 Oakland) and former Titan and Texan Frank Chamberlin (35).

Edited by Mumby Magic, 19 November 2013 - 07:17 AM.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#42 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,837 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

I think that substance abuse is looked on more leniently in the two big US sports of American Football and Baseball, because, as they are primarily restricted to one country, WADA has less influence.

In football, there are only 16 games in a regular season; the pressure to turn out when injured must be enormous.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#43 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,198 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

I think that substance abuse is looked on more leniently in the two big US sports of American Football and Baseball, because, as they are primarily restricted to one country, WADA has less influence.

In football, there are only 16 games in a regular season; the pressure to turn out when injured must be enormous.

I can understand that with some of the other deaths however Howard was a traffic collision and Chamberlin was Brain Cancer.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#44 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

Watched "The Blindside" last night and will now look out for how Micheal Oher and the Baltimore Ravens are doing.

Annoying because, as a Browns fan, I dislike Baltimore for "nicking" the original Browns after Indianapolis nicked the Colts from Baltimore.

Franchising sucks!
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#45 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,461 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

You're also, unless you're very lucky, on no-pay-no-play contracts.  Those millions only roll in if you're out there.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#46 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

Yesterday I watched Philadelphia Eagles v Detroit Lions played in well over 6" of snow and its true because I live there.First time I ever watched it all way through,normally I've had enough after 1st quarter,but at times I couldn't see TV screen ,but I saw one or two lateral passes and RL style tackles.I did Enjoy it,I have seen rl games in snow over here,but not (someones just told me it was 8") I'm sure it would have been abandoned here
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#47 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,837 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

Chiefs back to winning ways; New Orleans and Seattle look far less assured away from home.

It seems like it's Denver's Superbowl to lose at this stage.

Room for a few more upsets yet, I reckon.

#48 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

The snow made it a bit more interesting
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#49 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

The snow made it a bit more interesting

Snowball.....god I am so jealous of America with it's perfect festive conditions yet it's like September in the UK and Europe.

Even the Alp's are suffering.

#50 stimpo-and-kat

stimpo-and-kat
  • Coach
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:27 AM

Chiefs back to winning ways; New Orleans and Seattle look far less assured away from home.

It seems like it's Denver's Superbowl to lose at this stage.

Room for a few more upsets yet, I reckon.

Pats all the way. Brady knows how to win the big ones.

#51 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

Snowball.....god I am so jealous of America with it's perfect festive conditions yet it's like September in the UK and Europe.
Even the Alp's are suffering.

You had your share last winter .Last two years especially in the east we didn't get very much
The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#52 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

You had your share last winter .Last two years especially in the east we didn't get very much

It seems to be North America for a couple of seasons and then Europe the next couple for good snowfall but I like my snow in the festive season and last christ was too mild as the winter came in the 2nd week of January.

#53 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,837 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

Well, Kansas are out; a bit unlucky I thought as one of the Colts touchdowns was a pure fluke.

New Orleans won last night as well, so they've got a chance but will have to play away to the Seahawks. I think the winner of that game or Denver will win the thing.

Seahawks to do it, I reckon.

#54 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,837 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

Nightmare for Andy Dalton, QB for the Bengals. A better team than San Diego but, with 4 minutes to go, it looks like they've  beaten themselves.

#55 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,837 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

Even the Bengals Defense has given up after striving to keep their team in the game.

Touchdown San Diego; 27:10.

#56 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

I have no favourite Gridiron team, but if this sort of thing keeps happening, I could warm to the Bengals!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#57 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

That Colin Kaepernick is in impressive for a qtr-back as he likes making yards with feet and not only his hands.

#58 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,837 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:40 AM

That Colin Kaepernick is in impressive for a qtr-back as he likes making yards with feet and not only his hands.

Has he got three feet?

;) :tongue:

#59 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

Has he got three feet?

Ha I mean unlike other qtr-back's the guy moves like a running back, remind's me of David Peachy who played for Cronulla.

Edited by 808tone, 15 January 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#60 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Has he got three feet?

http://www.instantrimshot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users