TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Not sure many will agree with these

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

The 2013 Kingstone Press Championship Awards shortlists in full are as follows:

Championship Player of the Year: Aaron Brown (Dewsbury) Paul Cooke (Doncaster) Mitchell Stringer (Sheffield)

Championship Young Player of the Year: Aaron Brown (Dewsbury) Ryan Brierley (Leigh) Tom Carr (York) Liam Kay (Doncaster)

Championship Coach of the Year: Mark Aston (Sheffield) Tony Miller (Doncaster) Paul Rowley (Leigh)

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#2 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

Aaron Brown is a fine young player, but has he done enough to be nominated for overall Player of the Year? Not for me, not at all.

Posted Image

#3 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

No Ridyard? No Knowles? No Davies?

They shouldn't announce these until the season's over.

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

No featherstone players seems a bit rough.

#5 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Aaron brown was dewsburys best player when we played them at Easter and is a fine young lad but no way has he overall played better than the likes of QLT,Ridyard,Davies etc...

#6 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Somebody having a laugh!!!!!

#7 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

cooke yes,he kicked us to death and still as that magic long pass out wide missing 2 out, davis should be on that list with johnson penky and finn all day long. moore would a pis*** that if he had played like today all season.

#8 phildog

phildog
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

Credit where it's due here, I'd give Paul Cooke and Tony Miller the awards. They have worked hard to put an unfashionable club in a good position, Miller especially, as the other nominees were expected to do well anyway. Cooke is still a class act, but not sure that he will have the same influence when he's coach as well. For those going on about Davies, don't forget he's had a lengthy spell out this time and hasn't had chance to perform week in week out to earn a nomination. If he goes the whole season next time and gets his workhorse pal Applegarth beside him, then everybody look out, they, in my opinion, are the best 2nd row pair in the division by a street, regardless of whether Bretherton stays, (brilliant try today, as good as any Ryan Hall effort!) Manning,Scott or whoever we bring in. 

#9 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

Credit where it's due here, I'd give Paul Cooke and Tony Miller the awards. They have worked hard to put an unfashionable club in a good position, Miller especially, as the other nominees were expected to do well anyway. Cooke is still a class act, but not sure that he will have the same influence when he's coach as well. For those going on about Davies, don't forget he's had a lengthy spell out this time and hasn't had chance to perform week in week out to earn a nomination. If he goes the whole season next time and gets his workhorse pal Applegarth beside him, then everybody look out, they, in my opinion, are the best 2nd row pair in the division by a street, regardless of whether Bretherton stays, (brilliant try today, as good as any Ryan Hall effort!) Manning,Scott or whoever we bring in.

Davies is our second highest appearance-maker this season!!! For what it's worth, he's a top player but had a pretty indifferent spell mid season that means he probably isn't a realistic call for Championship player of the year.

Edited by TheTerminator, 15 September 2013 - 10:53 PM.

Posted Image

#10 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

Another example of the RFL not giving a hoot about life outside Super League.

They probably drew the names out of a hat.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#11 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

On a slightly different angle, I thought Paul Cooke's analysis and insight into the game on the TV yesterday was first class. His reading of the game plans etc and methodical mindset showed how he is able to dictate play when he is on the field. Will be interesting to see how he does as a full time coach, as he obviously knows the game inside out.

Edited by fredm, 16 September 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#12 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

I'm a Dewsbury fan and don't agree with browny been on the list don't get me wrong he's a fine young player and probably our best player but he has not done enough to been on the list plus he was injured for a large part of the season I'd say someone Paul Cooke desveses it can't beilvle no fev players are on it

#13 flyfisherman

flyfisherman
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

I have had quick look at match stats out of 34 games excluding pre-season friendlies and Boxing Day against the Rams which he played in  he has missed only 5 out of 34 games  and usually plays full 80 mins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users