RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Mail on Sunday RL Coverage

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,600 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

Fair play to him, he replied staring it was due to meeting print deadlines and the games finished too late.

I replied, stating that other papers managed it and, maybe, that he didn't really have the heart for the job....

You should have asked how did they manage a full football match report on a Tuesday morning then.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending to be hurt, rugby players spend 80 minutes pretending they haven't been hurt.

#62 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 544 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

You should have asked how did they manage a full football match report on a Tuesday morning then.

Trust me, I covered that and every other angle in my rant. I think I put something in there about if the Boat Race finished at 2am it would still get detailed analysis (especially if the cox was a burkha wearing illegal immigrant who was sleeping with a magistrate who had illegally chopped down their neighbours overgrown conifers....). it was lost on him

#63 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 544 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

Trust me, I covered that and every other angle in my rant. I think I put something in there about if the Boat Race finished at 2am it would still get detailed analysis (especially if the cox was a burkha wearing illegal immigrant who was sleeping with a magistrate who had illegally chopped down their neighbours overgrown conifers....). it was lost on him

#64 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 544 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

Sorry about the double post - got boxing glove on....

#65 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,542 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

Without checking it out, did the Mail have a report on the Chelsea v Man U Champions league final which went to penalties?

Edited by deluded pom?, 22 September 2013 - 09:04 AM.

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users