Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Club Call

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#81 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Giants are due a win in a big game v Wire, especially after this season

How about Leroy Cudjoe to win with a 90m intercept again

#82 willy

willy
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Giants will dump Wire, mainly because I saw a vast increase in intensity by the Giants against Hull, and as bad as Hull were the Giants were on a par with anything I have seen this season. Wire I think have had their purple patch a la the win over Leeds. the Giants have been consistent and won ugly a few times this year. They are for my money the fittest team in Super League right now, at this time of the season.

Wigan and Leeds? Depends how much of a flyer Wigan get, if both teams are scratching about for points at half time its a Leeds win for me.

Wigan v Giants final

#83 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

Typical Wire arrogance, choosing their opponent according to the competition rules.

Huddersfield will be dead motivated now. Unlike if they were playing Wigan, where they would just have gone through the motions.
  • Ant likes this

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#84 willy

willy
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

And I reckon Wigan v Giants final, I would go Giants, Wigan run out of steam :ph34r:

• Ant likes this

#85 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Typical Wire arrogance, choosing their opponent according to the competition rules.

Defensive already, nice

#86 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Huddersfield will be dead motivated now. Unlike if they were playing Wigan, where they would just have gone through the motions.

I hoping it's going to be a belting game I think, the Giants don't need any more motivation to try and lift v Wire - they were over keen in the cup game and couldn't control that energy but I have a strong feeling that taught them a lot about coping with big games...

So long as we turn up and give a genuine game of it I'll be happy.

I am surprised Wire picked us now and not for the final though...

#87 St.Clarence.

St.Clarence.
  • Coach
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Wire v Rhino final get your hard earned on at Ladbrokes.
Rhino victory in Final.

#88 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,527 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

I hoping it's going to be a belting game I think, the Giants don't need any more motivation to try and lift v Wire - they were over keen in the cup game and couldn't control that energy but I have a strong feeling that taught them a lot about coping with big games...

So long as we turn up and give a genuine game of it I'll be happy.

I am surprised Wire picked us now and not for the final though...

I would have liked to see a Warrington v Huddersfield final. Both from a rugby point of view and the fact that it would guarantee a new name on the trophy.

Not surprised they picked you though.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#89 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Did they say how they picked it?

#90 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 943 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

I have to agree with you motivation comment. Either coach will use whatever factors to motivate... maybe Hudds can add the ole "they chose us motivation" and Wires can use the "Hudd's are saying etc etc about us picking them, total disrespect to you players".....

It is always amusing to hear what motivated the winning team..... when many teams have used the same motivation but lost... but of course we never hear about them...

#91 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

So, they think the Giants are easy meat?

So, they think the Giants are easy meat?

yes no matter which way anybody looks at it,the HUDDERSFIELD giants are being perceived as the weakest team at this period of the playoffs

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#92 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

Giants will dump Wire, mainly because I saw a vast increase in intensity by the Giants against Hull, and as bad as Hull were the Giants were on a par with anything I have seen this season. Wire I think have had their purple patch a la the win over Leeds. the Giants have been consistent and won ugly a few times this year. They are for my money the fittest team in Super League right now, at this time of the season.

Wigan and Leeds? Depends how much of a flyer Wigan get, if both teams are scratching about for points at half time its a Leeds win for me.

Wigan v Giants final

Well I didn't see the Hull game,but I have never heard or read the word "intensity"in any description of that game.They are the new kids on the block that's why they have been selected in the club call

The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#93 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

yes no matter which way anybody looks at it,the HUDDERSFIELD giants are being perceived as the weakest team at this period of the playoffs

One way of looking at it is that Warrington are every confident of beating Leeds or Wigan in the final, but think they need home advantage to overcome the League Leaders

Either way, the Giants would have to play Warrington at some point in these finals, and of course vice verse so I've got no problem with them picking us, just which we'd been playing Friday night and not another bloody thursday

#94 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

I wouldn't say they were perceived as the weakest of the four but certainly the least experienced when it comes to the big games.

rldfsignature.jpg

#95 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

Two fantastic games to come. Can't wait.

#96 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

I wouldn't say they were perceived as the weakest of the four but certainly the least experienced when it comes to the big games.

Yes both very interesting games.Hope they are well supported

The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#97 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

One way of looking at it is that Warrington are every confident of beating Leeds or Wigan in the final, but think they need home advantage to overcome the League Leaders

Either way, the Giants would have to play Warrington at some point in these finals, and of course vice verse so I've got no problem with them picking us, just which we'd been playing Friday night and not another bloody thursday

Erm why would the giants 'have' to play Warrington in the playoffs?

#98 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

Now or in the finals

HTH.

Or to be serious - it was inevitable.

#99 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,269 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

You lose a mark for not mentioning 'glamour' anywhere in that post.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#100 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Yes I'm sure that was reason behind it, hmmm......