• 2,943 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

True enough...so stop 

#22 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 248 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

Mark, I don't think for some people out there the sniping will ever stop - if we win the Challenge Cup, Northern Rail Cup and get promotion into Super League (top tier) ,next season. it will all be down to DR.

#23 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

Mark, I don't think for some people out there the sniping will ever stop - if we win the Challenge Cup, Northern Rail Cup and get promotion into Super League (top tier) ,next season. it will all be down to DR.

Heres hoping to all of the above

#24 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

fact is dr was a farce,is a farce, and allways will be a farce

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#25 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

We all know deano. But lifes too short

#26 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

I'm surprised the RFL did not make adjustments to the way DR was to be implemented for the coming season as the present arrangements have led to such a wide range of interpretations of what is acceptable and the ensuing controversy caused has not been good for the game. Swinton's interpretation left us open to a lot of sniping and/or fair criricism from our own fans and those of other clubs which did become tiresome at times.  I just hope we have learned from our experiences of the season just gone where, but for a very creditable and exciting last gasp recovery, we so nearly ended up relegated.

The big concern for me now is what is happening for next season.  I had understood that Gary Chambers was to go into talks with the club about continuing his tenure as coach straight after our survival in the Championship had been secured at Whitehaven.  I also beleived he was sounding out the players he wanted to keep with him as he built for the future. As so often happens at Swinton it's all gone horribly quiet.  Some say no news is good news but I start to get twitchy as the silence lengthens.  Then of course the rumours start like Gary being interested in the Barrow job.

It certainly isn't easy being a Lions supporter but those are the cards I've been dealt and I will continue to make the best of it but it would be so nice to get some official news of the good variety. 

#27 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

This is why I started the thread the silence is deafening,but nobody as replied, so it seems all the supporters arein the dark. This is why rumours start and the powers that be don't seem to grasp this.All the rumours iv'e heard like the Hawkyards going to Dewsbury, Gary Chambers interested in the Barrow job, Agecroft falling through are only rumours at this moment in time but they are still disconcerting,What I want is the board to stop treating the loyal fans like mugs and keep us up to date with what is going on even if it is bad news I JUST WANT TO KNOW.

#28 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

This is why I started the thread the silence is deafening,but nobody as replied, so it seems all the supporters arein the dark. This is why rumours start and the powers that be don't seem to grasp this.All the rumours iv'e heard like the Hawkyards going to Dewsbury, Gary Chambers interested in the Barrow job, Agecroft falling through are only rumours at this moment in time but they are still disconcerting,What I want is the board to stop treating the loyal fans like mugs and keep us up to date with what is going on even if it is bad news I JUST WANT TO KNOW.

I'll 'drink' to that GG

#29 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

The chambers rumour is an appalling over exaggeration if you read the Barrow forum

I will sit tight and wait to see. We've got it wrong so often recently that we perhaps should display a little more faith

Apologies for my inherent optimism.

#30 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

Leigh have pulled out of DR today, used Spencer for past 2 years and it is rumoured he has signed for 2014

#31 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Leigh have pulled out of DR today, used Spencer for past 2 years and it is rumoured he has signed for 2014

In, out, in, out .... you shake it all about.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#32 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Interesting that Leigh felt that using DR was an option when in turned out they were skint, and have chosen to end their relationship with Wigan now that they are flush again. I'd say that explains a lot in terms of why some clubs in this league have chosen to use the system.

Edited by TheTerminator, 20 September 2013 - 07:45 PM.

Posted Image

#33 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

we used it 34 times at haven over the season marra a couple here a couple there quite a few times we never used any but theres no doubt the saints boys like swift,hand,greenwood,walker and clough helped us out big time as for york when we played them first game of the season they had lineham and crooks playing first teamers now

. Only had Tom Lineham for 2 games , he was our player to start with , never had Ben Crookes , Jason Crookes once , he was as bad as Shaul , not interested , the others we used were Liam Kent , 4 matches , Dean Hadley , 5 matches , Shaul , 2 matches , Arundel , 3 matches , josh Bowden , 3 matches , only 1 who played regularly was Jack Briscoe but lost him in July when he broke his leg , Danny Nicklas was signed on a season long loan but hull got rid of him halfway through the season , the last 10 or so games we got nothing from them, all the lads we had were from there previous seasons U20s , we never once had any established 1st team players , Tom got his chance after he'd played for us , the gripe we had was teams using established 1st teamers / internationals when the partner club wanted them to gain match fitness , it made a joke of the system to the detriment of lads who were actually signed on to clubs
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users