Dual Reg set to stay!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

The RFL insist that dual registration is here to stay - in its current form - until at least the end of next season.

That is the opening sentence in an article published in the League Weekly newspaper this morning. Despite calls to scrap it and clubs cancelling partnerships, Red Hall are adamant "alterations" - if any - will not be made until the 2015 season when a brand new structure is expected to be introduced.

The RFL's director of standards and licensing, Blake Solly, told League Weekly, "Dual Registration will remain a part of the sport, in its current form,for the 2014 season. There wont be any changes to it. However, after next year, it will possibly be amended as part of the policy review for 2015 and beyond".

So, despite all the comings and goings this season there is no change for next season.

Edited by Keith T, 16 September 2013 - 08:35 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

Well lets hope Rochdale dont get promoted or we'll be stuffed with DR next season

#3 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

You will have Declan Hulme for most of next year and I would get Tom Gilmore too.Both cracking players that will add strength in depth for Workington.

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

If we're gonna use it I agree with the coaches who've come out and said you want as strong assurances as possible that these players are available for long , consistent periods , otherwise its to destabilising and counterproductive . If we can get one or two season loans then that should be much more preferable and our first avenue. DR is an asset if the players gel into the team over time , as they naturally have ability , but week by week handouts and callbacks can work against you as easily as for you ,as your structure in games is affected as well as it can be enhanced .Rule number one is get your own strong squad together and stand on your own two feet , then try and add loans if needed , and then if using the DR route try and make sure it's in your interests with consistency of selection , and not purely an adhoc procedure simply at the whim and benefit of the parent club , with you waiting until Friday afternoon to see what's thrown out ! Our league has learned a lot about DR this year , it'll be very interesting to see how those lessons affect behaviour next year . I think teams will be a lot more savvy . I'm a supporter in principle , but the way it's operated needs ironing out and the integration of the players needs to be fuller than a lot we saw this year , with players coming and going for one game , for various reasons ,and often with little or no desire . And the star player popping in thing has to go !!

Edited by DavidM, 16 September 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#5 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

And the likes of Briers,Wood,Morley,Bridgeetc shouldn't be allowed

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

Yes I added that ... Total mockery . It disrespects and affects acutely the integrity of the comp .i wonder if a performance of one of the aforementioned star players in a game cost a side a league position , or play off spot or , heaven forbid , in the end relegation . You get dazzled by a top talent and miss out on something by two or three points ???

Edited by DavidM, 16 September 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#7 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

I hope we dont go down the DR route this season with a new coach in place as it was Holty who made the ultimate decision not to last season. Time will tell !

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#8 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

I hope we dont go down the DR route this season with a new coach in place as it was Holty who made the ultimate decision not to last season. Time will tell !

thing is morty do you think you will be able to afford a competetive squad without it. with more teams relegated next year and going off this seasons performances then barrow will really struggle.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#9 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

How many players who signed for a team only to be told that their place had been taken by a DR will want to sign for that team again next season if DR is staying in its current form?

#10 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Wood played against workington on the opening day, swinton got beat.

Bridge played against dewsbury, swinton got beat.

Morley played in the northern rail cup against cursaders, not the league, swinton won

Briers played against whitehaven, swinton won, whitehaven missed out on a playoff spot to workington.

Read into DR what you will..

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users