Liam Walmsley

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 760 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

I'd like a few opinions in regard to how he coming along please.

#2 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

I don't think he's anything special and isn't big enough to make an impact on the opposition, but to say we picked him up from the amateur game he's slotted in pretty well and done an adequate-decent job. Had a terrific three or four game spell mid-season when he looked like he had the potential to be the next Gorden Tallis, but never pushed on from that point. It did, however, win him a contract with Featherstone. Thank the Lord that John Davies was going through a lean spell when they were obviously scouting! If LW could somehow gain three or four stone of muscle he'd probably be a stand-out, but I'm sure other coaches he's worked under have been down that path.

Edited by TheTerminator, 17 September 2013 - 08:37 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 538 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

Like his younger brother Alex he has good pace for a forward, but unlike Alex he lacks the weight to punch his own way through the defence.  If a team can utilise his pace then he might be a dangerous player; otherwise I'd say a gutsy player but would not be a first choice in the back row in an injury free team.

#4 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

He's pretty steady but lacks that bit of quality to stand out ahead of some of the other forwards we have - only really got in the team this season due to Applegarth's long term injury.

Im quite surprised hes going to Featherstone next year (if the rumours are correct) - hes easily replacable though IMO.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#5 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

i think hes done ok for us as sure dont take no backward steps,made a few try saving tackles and some hard yards too at times,likes been said once he bulks up a bit at fev am sure he will do well for them and work hard for a shirt. all the best liam lad.

#6 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

He has given 100% every time he has played.What more can the lad do!!!

#7 phildog

phildog
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Learn to hold onto the ball for one! He's never shone in my opinion, don't know what Featherstone's scouts see in him. If he's going to slot in there, then they're obviously losing somebody, anyone coming our way?

#8 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

He had a 2 to 3 game spell where I thought he was brilliant. If he could keep up that form he would be 1st team every week. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case this season. Still young enough to improve.

#9 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

Learn to hold onto the ball for one! He's never shone in my opinion, don't know what Featherstone's scouts see in him. If he's going to slot in there, then they're obviously losing somebody, anyone coming our way?

Think we are looking at players that have the potential and have many years in front of them just signed one from York aswell apparently but nothing confirmed yet and one from Huddersfied which has been confirmed

#10 dipset11

dipset11
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

who the 1 from Huddersfield??

#11 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

who the 1 from Huddersfield??

Shaun Pick.

Posted Image

#12 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 760 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

Thanks for your thoughts guys.I was of the opinion that the Walmsley brothers were the same build and having the same potential,could not work out why one had done so well whilst the other hadn't.Seems strange that Featherstone would be after him from what youi say.

#13 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

His best game this year was against fev. That might be why

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users