Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

22/09/13 - KPC1 Final Elim: Oldham v London Skolars KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Oldham by 13 points or more (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Oldham by 7 to 12 points (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

3. Oldham by 1 to 6 points (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. London Skolars by 1 to 6 points (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

5. London Skolars by 7 to 12 points (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

6. London Skolars by 13 points or more (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Discuss the Kingstone Press Championship 1 Final Eliminator between Oldham v London Skolars here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

With Dylan Skee out injured I can't see anything other than a win for the Roughyeds.

#3 7723

• Coach
  • 554 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

I know a lad who plays for Oldham so I am hoping they win.

#4 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

I will be attending the game and will be hoping the team that play the best rugby league win, and the game is not decided by a refereeing decision. If Dylan Skee is out, he will be a huge loss to Skolars.

#5 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

Oldham have the upper hand with home advantage and Dylan Skee injured. I sniff a home win

#6 Roughyhead true

Roughyhead true
  • Facebook
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Don't make any differance who plays Oldham will lose the final no matter what. I went to five we lost every one. Heart can only be broken so many times.

#7 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,889 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

Don't make any differance who plays Oldham will lose the final no matter what. I went to five we lost every one. Heart can only be broken so many times.

Remember Robert the Bruce. The English kicked his a**e 6 times and then he beat us. good luck to Oldham they certainly are due for a bit of luck.

#8 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

Hope Skolars win but suspect unpromotable Oldham to win by 18
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#9 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Hope Skolars win but suspect unpromotable Oldham to win by 18

Not if Marwan buys them !!

#10 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

Back from his Italian job, Richard Lepori is determined to make up for lost time by helping Oldham RL to conquer London Skolars in Sunday's big play-off game at Whitebank.
He followed up a try hat-trick on his Italian debut in July by producing a man-of-the-match performance in a 32-20 win against Serbia in Este, a small town in the Veneto region of northern Italy.
The win clinched Italy second place in the final European Shield table - and hopefully enhanced the Oldham full-back's dream of making it into the World Cup squad.
Lepori (21) said he was "gutted" when he got off the plane in Manchester, rang Roughyeds skipper Lewis Palfrey and was told that Oldham had failed to win through to the Championship One play-off final after a 23-22 loss against Rochdale Hornets.
In-form Skolars now stand between Oldham and a re-match with derby rivals Rochdale in the final at Leigh Sports Village on Sunday, September 29 for the right to be promoted to the Championship.
Back in training with Oldham last night, Lepori said: "I'm focused on only one thing now, and that's getting the job done against Skolars.
"Having had time to reflect, I think the Rochdale defeat might be a blessing in disguise because it gives us another game. And whatever anybody says we were bound to be a little bit under-cooked, not having had a competitive match for nearly four and a half weeks.
"Lewis (Palfrey) has given me the run-down on what happened last Sunday and we're determined to learn from that and not make the same mistakes again.
"The boss played in loads of play-off games, winning a lot more than he lost, so he knows what it's all about and he can identify what needs to be put right from last week.
"I'll always be grateful to him for letting me play for Italy even though it meant me missing two important Oldham games.
"I didn't want to turn down the opportunity to prove myself at that level and to give myself a once-in-a-lifetime chance of getting into the World Cup squad.
"None of this would have happened without Oldham's co-operation and without the backing the club has always given me.
"I can think of no better way to repay that faith than by helping the boys to do the business on Sunday.
"Team and club are all-important. Anything I or any of the boys pick up individually is a bonus."
Playing on the right wing against Serbia, Lepori won his man-of-the-match billing by scoring one and setting up two of Italy's six tries, the first of these with a break covering 80 metres.
He added, "Serbia gave it a real dig. We had to battle in defence, but we stuck to our plan and scored most of our tries down the flanks.
"I think the coach was pleased with me, but I'll have to wait for a few days to find out whether I'm in the World Cup plans. I'm not banking on it because there's a lot of competition and it's another step-up in standard."

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#11 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

Skolars only 160min away from promotion. Who would have thought that a couple of years ago. Could be great for London if Broncos go belly up

#12 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

Kingstone Press Championship One Final Eliminator

Oldham v London Skolars (3.00pm)

Oldham full-back Richard Lepori returns after missing last week’s narrow defeat by Rochdale Hornets.
Lepori was on international duty with Italy, producing a man of the match display in their 32-20 win over Serbia.
He now looks set to replace Tom Whitehead, who broke his hand against Rochdale, as Oldham battle for the win that will take them to the Kingstone Press Championship One Play-off Final.
Oldham have won seven of their last eight meetings with London Skolars, with their last defeat coming in July 2011.
Oldham coach Scott Naylor said: “I can never knock this fine young squad for effort and desire. They are a great bunch; gutsy, hard working and exceptionally fit.”
Skolars coach Joe Mbu faces a major reshuffle of his side’s attacking options after Dylan Skee, a nominee for the Kingstone Press Championship One Player of the Year award, broke his ankle late in the game against Hemel Stags last week.
Mbu said: “Dylan will definitely be missed, but he’ll be with us at the weekend and that’s the type of guy he is. The players want to do it for him.”
On Oldham, Mbu added: “They’re a good side but we’re a lot stronger team now than in our two previous meetings this year, and that puts me in a positive spirit.”

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#13 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Skolars should stock up on these - it's a long way home afterwards...

spcial-offer-font-b-portable-b-font-wate

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#14 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

Straight Showers are also available ;)

#15 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

Gaaaaaaan Skolars! A "home" game in Leigh beckons for Lobby

#16 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Gaaaaaaan Skolars! A "home" game in Leigh beckons for Lobby

Hope you've not booked a train ticket.
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#17 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

20 mins gone Oldham 24 Skolars 0. Come on Oldham.

#18 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,124 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

36-8 HT

If Oldham cut out the peneltys it could of been more.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#19 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

This blowout proves conclusively that the top 8 system and no other leads to lopsided scores.

Oh.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#20 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,124 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

48-8

In danger of sunstroke...
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users