Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

22/09/13 - KPC1 Final Elim: Oldham v London Skolars KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Oldham by 13 points or more (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Oldham by 7 to 12 points (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

3. Oldham by 1 to 6 points (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. London Skolars by 1 to 6 points (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

5. London Skolars by 7 to 12 points (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

6. London Skolars by 13 points or more (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 4,953 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

60-8 latest
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#22 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 4,953 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

64-8 final score
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#23 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 484 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

Oldham ran riot with 11 tries.  A real shame only 467 turned out to see the game.

#24 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

So do Rochdale get promoted no matter the result of the final now then?

It's time to park the camels.

#25 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 558 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

So do Rochdale get promoted no matter the result of the final now then?

why? And don't give me that nonsense about the ground not being up to standard. Do you honestly think we will be playing there if the rfl say we can't? ??? Our ground is in a much better state than Swinton's and they are in the cc! We'll do what they are doing and move.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot, 22 September 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#26 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

why? And don't give me that nonsense about the ground not being up to standard. Do you honestly think we will be playing there if the rfl say we can't? ??? Our ground is in a much better state than Swinton's and they are in the cc! We'll do what they are doing and move.

Woooahhh! Calm down, I'm only going off what I've heard. I was actually asking a genuine question. Can Oldham get promoted to the championship in their current ground or not?
Surely you would have to have the 'move' sorted before the match, not leave both yourselves and Rochdale wondering what the hell is going on after the match has been played.

Edited by YCKonstantine, 22 September 2013 - 04:09 PM.

It's time to park the camels.

#27 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 558 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

Woooahhh! Calm down, I'm only going off what I've heard. I was actually asking a genuine question. Can Oldham get promoted to the championship in their current ground or not?
Surely you would have to have the 'move' sorted before the match, not leave both yourselves and Rochdale wondering what the hell is going on after the match has been played.

sorry. If the rfl say we can't play there then we won't. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. But whatever happens we will get promoted.

#28 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

This blowout proves conclusively that the top 8 system and no other leads to lopsided scores.

Oh.

TBF it seems harder to get out of the play-offs than to be in them in CC1

#29 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

Mr angry.....whats this got to do with swinton?

#30 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 558 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Mr angry.....whats this got to do with swinton?

They too, like us haven't got a decent ground, yet we don't get people saying the shouldn't be in the cc. They have to share. It just gets tedious and a little annoying with the constant jibes. No one know better than us what a heap Whitebank is. We have to stand there. I know many fans who can't attend because they are old and infirm, the conditions are appalling. BUT needs must. If we have to share we will share. We are not going yo forfeit promotion. Not angry. Fed up.

#31 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

I know the feeling being a swinton fan ! Don't need to turn on each other though.

I hope you do come up we need some local opposition and swinton Oldham matches are always some of the best.

#32 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,166 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:56 AM

There's Spotland, the Sports Village, Boundary Park and Barton nearby without even really thinking about it and maybe there's money to be found to upgrade whitebank if a place in the championship was won.

Oldham deserve a promotion but then again, so do The Hornets. It's been a long time since success visited either club.

#33 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

There's Spotland, the Sports Village, Boundary Park and Barton nearby without even really thinking about it and maybe there's money to be found to upgrade whitebank if a place in the championship was won.

Oldham deserve a promotion but then again, so do The Hornets. It's been a long time since success visited either club.

Once they go to Barton, they won't be back.

Marwan will see to that.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#34 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,166 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

Marwan will see to that.

i am only going on what I have read but isn't Marwan trying to get his hands on Oldham Athletic as well. With Sale, Salford, Oldham and Oldham Athletic at Barton, it could get really crowded.

More likely he get's hold of the Athetics and Roughyeds and upgrades Boundary Park or Whitebank or both if we are really lucky, both.

#35 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 558 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Marwan will see to that.

Salford don't own the stadium, in fact Sale it seems own the naming rights. So it appears they have more of a say than Salford. We've more chance of playing at Spotland.

#36 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,913 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

Salford don't own the stadium, in fact Sale it seems own the naming rights. So it appears they have more of a say than Salford. We've more chance of playing at Spotland.

Sale dont have more say they just bought the rights to sell the naming rights. Something that Salford were offered but chose not to take up.

#37 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

I went along to this match, and was a bit disappointed with the Skolars TBH.  I'd hoped for something a bit closer.

Not that I could see much anyway.   Whitebank needs a fair bit of work doing to it, as I'm sure Oldham are aware. 

That's me.  I'm done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users