Keep Sheffield Eagles in Sheffield

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 677 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Ah - if only you could build a stadium for the price of Q's salary !!

Look - the lass just asked you to sign her petition.  If you want to sign it, sign it.  If you don't, don't.  What's the problem ?

Still waiting for your reply to post 12 - or did you make it up?

No room for debate on this forum.

#22 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

Ah - if only you could build a stadium for the price of Q's salary !!

Look - the lass just asked you to sign her petition. If you want to sign it, sign it. If you don't, don't. What's the problem ?

Still waiting for your reply to post 12 - or did you make it up?

Whoops, not at all. Just forgot. I was led to believe that the council had offered you use of the soon to be refurbished Woodburn Road athletics facility, but that it had been turned down due to the lack of corporate facilities? As for the 'either sign the petition or don't sign it' sentiment, I'm afraid that when you post a request like that on a public forum a debate is often unavoidable.

Posted Image

#23 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Whoops, not at all. Just forgot. I was led to believe that the council had offered you use of the soon to be refurbished Woodburn Road athletics facility, but that it had been turned down due to the lack of corporate facilities? As for the 'either sign the petition or don't sign it' sentiment, I'm afraid that when you post a request like that on a public forum a debate is often unavoidable.

You're thinking of the athletics.  It wouldn't meet RFL requirements.

A debate's fine.  Churlishness is not.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#24 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

You're thinking of the athletics. It wouldn't meet RFL requirements.

A debate's fine. Churlishness is not.

Couldn't the Eagles have offered to work with the council to bring it up to scratch via some investment? I believe that you already have some temporary seating/stands in your possession, and larger scale temporary seating eg. the design used at HKR, isnt overly costly to rent.

Edited by TheTerminator, 20 September 2013 - 02:34 PM.

Posted Image

#25 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

Fair point.  But the whole complex is designed for participation rather than spectators. The dressing rooms would need upgrading.  The car parking's totally inadequate which would lead to some irritation on the residents' part.  It's not just the lack of entertaining facilities.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users