Keep Sheffield Eagles in Sheffield

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 E.Glet

E.Glet
  • Coach
  • 760 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

Whether you support The Eagles or not, please can you take a minute out of your day to sign this petition.  Imagine if it was your club going through the same thing.  Every signature will help if you follow the link below.  You will have to register to sign this petition, THANKS in advance for your support on this. 

Katie

https://sheffield.mo...lay.aspx?id=115

We the undersigned would like to express our concern for the future of our club SHEFFIELD Eagles.   It’s taken 13 years for Mark Aston and his team to recover from being disbanded to where we are today the current CHAMPIONS of the Championship League.   He’s worked tirelessly within the community to encourage young people to be involved in the game, some of which have already gone on to play in our first team.  Sheffield prides itself on being a City of Sports and now Sheffield Eagles are asking the council to ensure their future is in Sheffield and not in doubt.   We would like the council to reassure us that this work has not been in vain and to keep Sheffield Eagles in SHEFFIELD.  We are probably the most successful team that Sheffield has had in recent years. 

We want the council to help the Sheffield Eagles remain in Sheffield by helping with funding's, like they have offered to help the athletics relocate now the Don Valley Stadium is to be demolished.

"Seriously, a nutless monkey could do your job"

#2 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

Tumbleweed

#3 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

Eagleitarian (sp) and Griff could I just enquire would it upset both of you if Sheffield Eagles moved from Sheffield ?

And also, and I'll include the OP here, (honest answer here please) did you lot give a flying f(end of a fishing line) when Featherstone Rivers were ti become Calder?

Edited by Andrew Vause, 17 September 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#4 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

Move in with Huddersfield again.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#5 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

Yeh then you can be real Champions

#6 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for your support.

why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#7 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

Eagleitarian (sp) and Griff could I just enquire would it upset both of you if Sheffield Eagles moved from Sheffield ?

Depends to where.  I don't think our crowds are so good that we can weaken the fanbase further.

And also, and I'll include the OP here, (honest answer here please) did you lot give a flying f(end of a fishing line) when Featherstone Rivers were to become Calder?

Not really - because I knew it wouldn't happen. We'd bid to take over Doncaster not so long before that and it was obvious that mergers/takeovers/whateveryouwanttocallthem were never going to work.

What, perhaps, you should be wondering is what happened to the 4000 or 5000 fans who protested in Fev in April 1995 - desperate that their club shouldn't disappear ? 

Great effort to drum up 3890 a couple of weeks ago - on a Wednesday night - but where were they on a Sunday afternoon to watch Leigh, a club with a massive away support ?

Support is a problem for every club.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#8 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

And also, and I'll include the OP here, (honest answer here please) did you lot give a flying f(end of a fishing line) when Featherstone Rivers were ti become Calder?

I personally am not bothered where the Eagles play as long as they are still able to play.   However, I am mobile and can travel to games, that is not the case for a lot of our fans and therefore a base in Sheffield would be preferable.   Incidentally, to keep Don Valley open it is estimated it would cost £700,000 per year, the headlines in the Sheffield Star today states that it will cost £800,000 to police a fascist march this weekend.   Shows where the cash strapped Council have to use their scarce resources and why the Eagles are not their top priority.

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#9 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Good luck Eagles. Hate this to be happening to Fev; Hope you find a permanent home as soon as possible;

#10 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

Good luck Eagles. Hate this to be happening to Fev; Hope you find a permanent home as soon as possible;

Thanks - it's appreciated.  Sport isn't like most industries.  You need an opposition.

#11 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Depends to where.  I don't think our crowds are so good that we can weaken the fanbase further.

Not really - because I knew it wouldn't happen. We'd bid to take over Doncaster not so long before that and it was obvious that mergers/takeovers/whateveryouwanttocallthem were never going to work.

What, perhaps, you should be wondering is what happened to the 4000 or 5000 fans who protested in Fev in April 1995 - desperate that their club shouldn't disappear ? 

Great effort to drum up 3890 a couple of weeks ago - on a Wednesday night - but where were they on a Sunday afternoon to watch Leigh, a club with a massive away support ?

Waiting for a return to the top.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#12 just1fev

just1fev
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

Good Luck with the petition, it would be a shame to loose Sheffield from the league. I have known mark since our high school days and if anyone is going to fight your corner it's going to be him

#13 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

If only that were true .....

#14 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

That 4/5 thousands been at the last 2 grand finals alongside your 4/500 hundred griff

Edited by dydo, 18 September 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#15 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Same reason why Leeds utd pulled in 33k 1st game of the season and none over 25k since. The sheff game was a league title decider and well published all over. The Leigh game was a none event and there support wasnt that massive, to me and a lot of others the Leigh game was meaningless plus it was pay in money is tight for a lot of people. The Batley game will be bigger but not by much as its a shared gate, support is a problem to all clubs but more so to yours

Edited by LOWFIELD, 18 September 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

:O

So you're saying all those 3890 had season tickets or summat ?

Or free tickets ?

Not having a crowd is no problem to us.  We're used to it.  The occasional big crowd is a bonus.

#17 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

:O

So you're saying all those 3890 had season tickets or summat ?

Or free tickets ?

Not having a crowd is no problem to us.  We're used to it.  The occasional big crowd is a bonus.

im saying nothing to you, dont even know why im replying because i dont like you

#18 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

Dont need free tickets in fev , its bred into us to watch our famous club . If they gave free tickets out in sheffield for a month , you still wouldn't fill a subbuteo stand

#19 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

im saying nothing to you, dont even know why im replying because i dont like you

Just asking.

#20 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

Dont need free tickets in fev , its bred into us to watch our famous club . If they gave free tickets out in sheffield for a month , you still wouldn't fill a subbuteo stand

Eh dear. :shout:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users