Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

i am surprised this has not been thread yet

finals

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/fixtures

does anyone else not think that playing SL semi finals on a Thursday night fruitless?

#2 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

It's a stupid date to play, yes

#3 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

There was a thread about it a month or two ago, but agreed. I don't like Thursday night matches

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#4 tomdooley

tomdooley
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

Thursday night Footy its the best said Eddie of Sky TV

Will we ever get back to all games played on Sunday afternoon as of yore.

#5 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

In days of yore games were played on a Saturday. They only started playing on Sunday back in t' day! ;-)

#6 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

I like the Friday and Saturday games as it means I can have a drink!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#7 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

I only like Friday night games when the Giants aren't involved.

Anything other than Sunday afternoon is kak.

#8 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

I only like Friday night games when the Giants aren't involved.

Anything other than Sunday afternoon is kak.

Fair point

For actually going to Leeds matches, Saturdays are great, Sundays are OK, Fridays are doable but I need to leave work at about 2/3. Thursdays and Mondays are impossible without taking time off work.

If I decide to go to a Broncos game, any day is as inconvenient as another

#9 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

I can get to giants home games any day no bother, away not a chance

People I sit with are on shifts a lot and its a coin toss to see if they can make night games, most Saturday games start before shop workers finish work

It's great for TV but it kills crowds (and a lot of TV games means people lose the habit of going)

#10 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

I can get to giants home games any day no bother, away not a chance

People I sit with are on shifts a lot and its a coin toss to see if they can make night games, most Saturday games start before shop workers finish work

It's great for TV but it kills crowds (and a lot of TV games means people lose the habit of going)

Admittedly, I have the relatively unique situation of a 350-mile round trip for home games :laugh:

#11 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

Funny that, isn't it. When we dropped really, unbelieveably lucky, and somehow, managed to persuede Sky to let us play on that great sporting evening of Monday[Soz, I mean when the football finished and Sky had a few Mondays with nothing to put on]  Edwardo was waxing lyrical about how it was such a great honour to be allowed into that particular sanctified time zone...I think Eddie just says what he's told to say.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users