Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Tomkins to NRL?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,718 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Where are the big money offers from all these clubs around the world all desperate to have him in the team? Did all the NRL teams bid for him?

Maybe they already have full backs or don't have the space in the cap.

Believe me, if a club needed a full back, had the money, and Tomkins was available, they'd be mad not to sign him.
Posted Image

#42 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

Looking forward to seeing him out here next season. Just wish he's have signed for the Sharks

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#43 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Maybe they already have full backs or don't have the space in the cap.

Believe me, if a club needed a full back, had the money, and Tomkins was available, they'd be mad not to sign him.

Spot on and any NRL club and coaches would no doubt be looking to further develop him given he is still relatively young and would take account of his strengths and weaknesses and being aware his current capabilities and potential.

I not saying one way or the other but I would have thought that NRL team and coaches given they believe their higher levels feel they can achieve more with the players than they perceive SL can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users