TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Named locally.....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

The BBC is generally something to be proud of, with the notable exceptions being their treatment of RL, John Inverdale, Dr Who and Jeremy Clarkson.

However I am disgusted and ashamed at the the way that the use of the "named locally" has become commonplace and accepted by the corporation concerning suspects and victims.

They haven't been named locally, they've been named globally whenever these mugs trot out this unjust and unprofessional journalistic phrase. Stop it, please just stop it.

Rant over.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#2 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

The BBC is generally something to be proud of, with the notable exceptions being their treatment of RL, John Inverdale, Dr Who and Jeremy Clarkson.

However I am disgusted and ashamed at the the way that the use of the "named locally" has become commonplace and accepted by the corporation concerning suspects and victims.

They haven't been named locally, they've been named globally whenever these mugs trot out this unjust and unprofessional journalistic phrase. Stop it, please just stop it.

Rant over.

I get your point.

I'm just waiting for a local to name the wrong person and the BBC or whoever then get sued to the hilt. That is when it will stop.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#3 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

When someone can't be named for legal reasons, I frankly think it's not newsworthy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users