Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Named locally.....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

The BBC is generally something to be proud of, with the notable exceptions being their treatment of RL, John Inverdale, Dr Who and Jeremy Clarkson.

However I am disgusted and ashamed at the the way that the use of the "named locally" has become commonplace and accepted by the corporation concerning suspects and victims.

They haven't been named locally, they've been named globally whenever these mugs trot out this unjust and unprofessional journalistic phrase. Stop it, please just stop it.

Rant over.

#2 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

The BBC is generally something to be proud of, with the notable exceptions being their treatment of RL, John Inverdale, Dr Who and Jeremy Clarkson.

However I am disgusted and ashamed at the the way that the use of the "named locally" has become commonplace and accepted by the corporation concerning suspects and victims.

They haven't been named locally, they've been named globally whenever these mugs trot out this unjust and unprofessional journalistic phrase. Stop it, please just stop it.

Rant over.

I get your point.

I'm just waiting for a local to name the wrong person and the BBC or whoever then get sued to the hilt. That is when it will stop.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#3 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

When someone can't be named for legal reasons, I frankly think it's not newsworthy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users