Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

closet dewbury fan?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SchoNB1RjkA

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#2 The Crab

The Crab
  • Coach
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

By the cut of his jib and his great choice of colours,he was bound to have been.

He would have been a great addition to any Barmy Army trip.

#3 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

He did play an RL player in This Sporting Life set around Wakefield. It is therefore quite probable it is a genuine Dewsbury shirt.

#4 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Its deffo a DRLFC shirt.

#5 legin

legin
  • Players
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

When I lived in Surrey he was a regular spectator at Richmond RU club games , and they played in Red Amber +Black shirts .

#6 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

Doubt if it's a replica.  Clubs didn't latch onto replica jerseys until the late 70s - or even early 80s.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#7 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

Think he said in that interview that he had dozens of rugby shirts,but he pick the best looking one for that show.We really should be proud of our home colours shirt,lets hope its just the away shirt that changes next season.

#8 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Doubt if it's a replica. Clubs didn't latch onto replica jerseys until the late 70s - or even early 80s.

I remember when Fulham first came to our ground in the early 80's,i was only 10 or 11,but the few Fulham fans there was buying our shirts in the club shop as if they had money to burn.

#9 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,437 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

I remember when Fulham first came to our ground in the early 80's,i was only 10 or 11,but the few Fulham fans there was buying our shirts in the club shop as if they had money to burn.

Loadsamannneyy!!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#10 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

Its deffo a DRLFC shirt.

Did they not have insignia on them in the early 70's?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#11 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

Did they not have insignia on them in the early 70's?

What the hell would they have a vauxall car on the shirt for.

#12 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

Oh my aching sides.
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#13 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I never had you down as a comedian Tranqualizer until I remembered you support Dewsbury

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#14 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

I never had you down as a comedian Tranqualizer until I remembered you support Dewsbury

Watching comedy doesn't make one a comedian.

#15 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

Watching comedy doesn't make one a comedian.

Granted but I'm sure it inspires him!

#16 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,437 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

Granted but I'm sure it inspires him!

And what is your muse then PM?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#17 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

And what is your muse then PM?

Ah BSJ I ponder the great mysteries of life, such as why ypu never see wild chickens and is it possible to grow a potatoe upside down?

#18 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,437 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

Ah BSJ I ponder the great mysteries of life, such as why ypu never see wild chickens and is it possible to grow a potatoe upside down?

I'm no expert on potatoes PM, but birds are a different matter.

http://www.birdforum...s/Gallus_gallus

Wild chicken in case you are (more) confused.

:tease:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#19 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

All this talk about birds when did a Batley fan pull a decent bird and when they did it didnt last long.Bored em to death talking about their one cup in 83 years.Although i wouldnt mind if they make it two.Time at the top end running out and all that.

#20 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

All this talk about birds when did a Batley fan pull a decent bird and when they did it didnt last long.Bored em to death talking about their one cup in 83 years.Although i wouldnt mind if they make it two.Time at the top end running out and all that.

hm.....me thinks you are a complete Pratt ( one T or 2 ? ) Tranquiliser.....and your obviously quite Jealous......can you imagine wining a cup ?

p.s..... glad youve retired from the Batley Forum....where you began to show how immature you really are.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users