Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Acton gone!

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

thats one big pair of boots to fill next year!! heard we are signing some good players but could do with a bit of good news soon..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

#2 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

Great player to lose there was a nightmare watching him against haven as good as any forward I seen last season and that includes the DR we had

#3 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

From the league express it seems that Liam McAvoy is on his way he will be an Excellant signing for the club

It looks like we're In for a bit of upheaval Beiscoe and Acton are gone Carter seems odds on to leave and there are rumours of other departures that will leave a big hole to fill
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#4 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

A big loss to the club but I have faith that our bod will replace him with a decent player

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Has he signed for Leigh then ?

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

It's always sad to see a good player leave, especially to one of our opponents in the same league, but good luck to Jamie, I am sure that one day he will be a SL player. I don't know what the financial benefit was but not having to travel up here must have also come in to the equation for him. Leigh are certainly putting together quite a strong pack of forwards which isn't bad for a club that were apparently on their "uppers" not that long ago!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Props are easily replacable

#8 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

From the league express it seems that Liam McAvoy is on his way he will be an Excellant signing for the club

It looks like we're In for a bit of upheaval Beiscoe and Acton are gone Carter seems odds on to leave and there are rumours of other departures that will leave a big hole to fill

liam mcavoy is on his way where mate?
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

I've just had a look at the Leigh site and the 3 top signings to make up a 'formidable pack ' are soon to be complimented by signings to get an equally good back line ... Erm what a turnaround in fortunes ( literally !!! ) . How ? As Fred Dineage might say .

#10 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

It has been getting asked on here for a few weeks now as to where is Brett Carter. It's like the Derwent Park triangle where players mysteriously go missing and are never heard of again!!!

If there are rumours of others leaving then we need to balance that up soonest with news of others coming in or else more will move on as well.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#12 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

League express says town are close to signing a Cumbrian who has been at two super league clubs I'm summising that' its him think the McAvoy brothers both have big potential

#13 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

I've just had a look at the Leigh site and the 3 top signings to make up a 'formidable pack ' are soon to be complimented by signings to get an equally good back line ... Erm what a turnaround in fortunes ( literally !!! ) . How ? As Fred Dineage might say .

Clubs are there own worst enemy if they end up back In the brown stuff they deserve no sympathy

#14 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

League express says town are close to signing a Cumbrian who has been at two super league clubs I'm summising that' its him think the McAvoy brothers both have big potential

i think your right, been looking through his tweets and he ends one with #upthetown. will be a quality signing. has big coward retired or carrying on?. acton out with mcavoy and the walne brothers in will be a good move by the club.

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

whats happening with brett phillips. surely he should now be the major player to keep out of the out of contract players

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

As far as we know , of our 4 props , are any of them here next year that we definitely know ? Thacks especially , what's he doing ?

#17 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

As far as we know , of our 4 props , are any of them here next year that we definitely know ? Thacks especially , what's he doing ?

dowes is under contract next year, hopefully we get thacks signed back on, stood up at the end of the year. and was probably our in form prop for the last 6-8 games

#18 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

sorry double post

Edited by wonky, 18 September 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#19 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Maybe jon sharp only cumbrian I can think who's played for 2 SL teams

#20 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

Yes for all the swings n roundabouts Thacks still has enough xfactor left , and he finished strongly ... And if our front row is gonna have two or three young uns in next year he'd be a handy older head with them . If so I'd like to see him add a stone to get back to optimum barnstorming weight !!! The Walne brothers would be key acquisitions for me , Jordan the starch in the defence and tough yards and Adam the strong but skilful Acton like prop who has the ability to play wide to . Don't know anything about Mcavoy but he gets good write ups in the academy set up and looks a bit like James Graham ... Owt like him will do !!

Edited by DavidM, 18 September 2013 - 02:27 PM.