Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Lee Briers Autobiography - Off The Cuff due out November

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

http://www.mascarand...f_The_Cuff.html

Published by Vertical Editions on or around 2nd November probably dependent  on Warrington reaching the Grand Final.

RRP £ 16.99 but you can get a discount from Foyles for pre-ordering

http://www.foyles.co...n-9781904091783

Just in time for some book signings around the RLWC.

Promises to be a good read but can any autobiography of recent years top that of Sean Long's ?

Edited by THE RED ROOSTER, 18 September 2013 - 07:26 PM.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Will probably be a hit with Carl Ablett.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#3 Saints 4 Life

Saints 4 Life
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

HE USED TO PLAY FOR A GREAT CLUB, PLAY FOR A GREAT CLUB, HE USED TO PLAY FOR A GREAT CLUB!!!!!!!!  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:  

#4 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,438 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

HE USED TO PLAY FOR A GREAT CLUB, PLAY FOR A GREAT CLUB, HE USED TO PLAY FOR A GREAT CLUB!!!!!!!!  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:  

And then he signed for Saints ;)

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#5 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

You're honestly thirty five?

#6 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

That's for Stains 4 Life if you hadn't guessed. TWIG, you're a Half Man Half Biscuit fan aren't you? Any lyrics come to mind?

#7 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,438 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

That's for Stains 4 Life if you hadn't guessed. TWIG, you're a Half Man Half Biscuit fan aren't you? Any lyrics come to mind?

Only part of "Bottleneck at Capel Curig" the line about Neil Morrisey,transpose it to S4L

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 18 September 2013 - 08:13 PM.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#8 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Is this an autobiography or a biog?  I got the impression Mike Appleton (Mascarandy Media, as per the link) was actually writing this book, based on his tweets anyway.  Maybe he is a ghost writer for Briers? 

#9 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

Only part of "Bottleneck at Capel Curig" the line about Neil Morrisey,transpose it to S4L

That's a good one. I was thinking of Surging out of Convalescence: "Is your child hyperactive..."

#10 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

Been looking forward to this for a while.

#11 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

it will be a cracker............
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#12 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

Why release it now, why not wait 1 more year until his career is actually FINISHED. Hate autobiographies that get released before someone actually retires. What happens if Wolves don't win this year yet do the next? That's a significant section missing, especially if his career ends fairytale style

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#13 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

Why release it now, why not wait 1 more year until his career is actually FINISHED. Hate autobiographies that get released before someone actually retires. What happens if Wolves don't win this year yet do the next? That's a significant section missing, especially if his career ends fairytale style

If footballers are owt to go by that is a whole new book

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

I can't help notice your avatar pic looks like a pair of red underpants.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

Wonder if he will mention his tryscoring debut for Swinton Lions v Whitehaven !

#16 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

Even if they do win this year, that chapter would be a bit of a rush job. Not a fan of when an autobiography shoe-horns something in that happened a couple of months before publication. I think you need a bit more distance than that

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#17 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

I am sure there will be a paperback edition with the words "Revised and Updated" plastered diagonally in tthe top left right hand corner coming out in November 2014, possibly with a new chapter post retirement as is customary these days.

I hope Lee and his ghostwriter pull no punches when it comes to :

• His omission from the Great Britain team in the mid noughties, when many - including myself - felt he should have been a driving force for GB before Nobby put on the brakes.
  • And that they do not swerve the pre-Tony Smith allegations that Warrington's drinking team had a rugby problem.

If that's covered it should be a cracking read..

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#18 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

I'm with you, players should put out their bio after they have retired, it does of course though leave it open for an updated second edition.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#19 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

I'm with you, players should put out their bio after they have retired, it does of course though leave it open for an updated second edition.

It's like when they used to show twenty something's on This is Your Life.

rldfsignature.jpg

#20 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

I will be very interested in reading about Steve Anderson's period in charge and Cullen's departure.