Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Lee Briers Autobiography - Off The Cuff due out November

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 twosevenzero

twosevenzero
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

I heard you get a free box of crayons with every copy.

"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me".

FIOS

#22 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

Just an update to let you all know that Lee will be signing copies of "Off the Cuff" in Wolfware this coming Saturday between 12.30 and 3.00pm. Details on further book signings to follow. which is good because I have tickets for an event the other side of the pennines at 2.30pm .....

You can read a synopsis of "Off the Cuff" on Lee Briers own personal brand new website

http://www.leebriers.com/slider/home/

If it's as good as it's advance publicity it's gonna be an absolute stonker :thankyou:

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#23 jacksy

jacksy
  • Coach
  • 279 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

I want to know why, one of this countries most gifted players for donkeys years could not get in to the GB team.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

#24 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:28 AM

I want to know why, one of this countries most gifted players for donkeys years could not get in to the GB team.

Similar reasons to Brough in this year's WC IMO.

#25 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,341 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:57 AM

Briers has written a book? now that really IS scary! Must have been ghost written!

I too wonder why previous GB coaches never chose him. Isn't one of them now his boss?

Edited by JohnM, 01 November 2013 - 06:58 AM.

#26 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,372 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

I hope Lee and his ghostwriter pull no punches when it comes to :

• His omission from the Great Britain team in the mid noughties, when many - including myself - felt he should have been a driving force for GB before Nobby put on the brakes.
  • And that they do not swerve the pre-Tony Smith allegations that Warrington's drinking team had a rugby problem.

If that's covered it should be a cracking read..

I think the second point hints at why he was omitted?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#27 crusadin_photoman

crusadin_photoman
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

Pleased to see one of my pictures in the Gallery on his website...nice photo credit too!

#28 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

Bad Hair do and an "unusual face" is my bet.

Same for Brough.

Edited by boxhead, 01 November 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#29 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

HE USED TO PLAY FOR A GREAT CLUB, PLAY FOR A GREAT CLUB, HE USED TO PLAY FOR A GREAT CLUB!!!!!!!!  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:  

are you still at st austins primary??
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#30 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

I wonder if every chapter will start with either "one night in the pub......" or "one morning while recovering from a hangover....."

#31 Teessidewire

Teessidewire
  • Coach
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

I will be very interested in reading about Steve Anderson's period in charge and Cullen's departure.

The Steve Anderson 'era' still gives me sleepless nights. To me this will be the most interesting part of the book. 

#32 wirecab

wirecab
  • Coach
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

The Steve Anderson 'era' still gives me sleepless nights. To me this will be the most interesting part of the book. 

Can he rock the boat too much with this book whilst he's still playing at Warrington? Will be interesting to see!

#33 Teessidewire

Teessidewire
  • Coach
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

Can he rock the boat too much with this book whilst he's still playing at Warrington? Will be interesting to see!

Not much boat to rock really, seeing as the Anderson era was 11 years ago and I would think that everyone is in agreement that it was generally an absolute disaster. 

#34 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

Matt "Rocket" Rodwell. *shudders*

Briers at full back. Which, I suppose, if you look at how the position has changed over the past decade, you could almost, almost, almost say was ahead of it's time.