Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

young player of the year....

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

the shortlist is:

morgan escare
kieran dixon
ben crooks

......................where the ###### is joe mellor.

Edited by Viking Warrior, 18 September 2013 - 10:15 PM.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#2 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,716 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

Maybe he's not as good as you think he is...
Posted Image

#3 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

behave yiurself............joey uis the best young half back in the league bar none........
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#4 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

I'd probably rather have Theo Fages and Liam Sutcliffe than Mellor.

The three choices are fair. I'd go Ben Crooks.

#5 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,716 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

behave yiurself............joey uis the best young half back in the league bar none........

Shame it's not the "Best Young Half Back of the Year" then.

Edited by Wellsy4HullFC, 19 September 2013 - 07:10 AM.

Posted Image

#6 7723

• Coach
  • 563 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

Morgan Escare or Crooks for me.

#7 7723

• Coach
  • 563 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

the shortlist is:

morgan escare
kieran dixon
ben crooks

......................where the ###### is joe mellor.

I think Joe Mellor is too old. I thought you had to be 21 or under when the season started to qualify for young player.

#8 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

I'd probably rather have Theo Fages and Liam Sutcliffe than Mellor.

The three choices are fair. I'd go Ben Crooks.

mellor tore fages apart three times this season and as sutcliffe was playing stand off then to compare him with a scrum half is a bit wierd..................but don't let that get in the way of your pathological hatred of widnes..................

#9 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

no doubt next season the likes of jack owens alex gerrard and adam lawton will get overlooked unless we make the top 8.....

#10 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Ben crooks for me despite his wembley nightmare, big fan of Tom lineham's as well.

#11 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

I suppose Jamie Shaul came on the scene a bit late?
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#12 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

mellor tore fages apart three times this season and as sutcliffe was playing stand off then to compare him with a scrum half is a bit wierd..................but don't let that get in the way of your pathological hatred of widnes..................

Mellor tore Salford apart, that's not an achievement.

The best players can play stand off and scrum half and a times they are pretty much the same position. If you look one sides scrum half can play the same role as the opposition's stand off.

I do not hate Widnes, in fact I rate a few of Widnes' players including Mellor. Although I think Sutcliffe and Fages are better players.

By the way, end your sentences with one full stop rather than 3, it makes your posts across much better than they currently do.

#13 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

Congratulations to Kieron Dixon's agent. It's some achievement getting him short listed.

#14 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Mellor tore Salford apart, that's not an achievement.

The best players can play stand off and scrum half and a times they are pretty much the same position. If you look one sides scrum half can play the same role as the opposition's stand off.

I do not hate Widnes, in fact I rate a few of Widnes' players including Mellor. Although I think Sutcliffe and Fages are better players.

By the way, end your sentences with one full stop rather than 3, it makes your posts across much better than they currently do.

no mellor tore fages apart and sutcliffes played stand off opposite kevin brown, but if you watched our game at headingley, mellor outplayed both sutcliffe and burrow.get the facts right lad, i never mentioned salford................but what do you know we never cheated our way into super league like barrow tried to.........how are your floodlights coming along???????

Edited by Viking Warrior, 19 September 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#15 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

Fages plays for Salford, it's easy to tear a half back apart who is playing for a side being dominated.

You don't see the point do you. Chase plays stand off for Cas and is usually first receiver. Gareth Widdop plays stand off for Melbourne yet Cooper Cronk is first receiver. Stand offs and Scrums halves are pretty much the same. They both are similar but play different roles in different sides.

If Mellor has outclassed so many sides why have Widnes finished 8th. I'm not saying he's bad but I'd rather have the other two.

How does what my club did have any bearing on my opinion? I didn't break the salary cap. That's like me saying you don't know anything because your club went into administration, its completely irrelevant. How your club side acts has no bearing on your opinion on RL.

We're doing alright thanks. Got 40ish thousand of the 100 thousand required. Paid off a huge chunk of our debt and have signed our best 6 players from last season on contract, four of which are local players. Looking forward
to next season as always.

#16 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

no mellor tore fages apart and sutcliffes played stand off opposite kevin brown, but if you watched our game at headingley, mellor outplayed both sutcliffe and burrow.get the facts right lad, i never mentioned salford................but what do you know we never cheated our way into super league like barrow tried to.........how are your floodlights coming along???????

Oh my. That really is quite something. 

Are you like this in real life? 

People called Romans they go the house

#17 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

And the winner is.......Ben Crooks.

Well done Ben, terrific impact this season.

(Who played in his shirt at Wembley, btw?  :huh: )

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#18 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

Crooks and Lineham haave been one of the highlights of the year for me. They're excitement machines.

#19 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

Crooks and Lineham haave been one of the highlights of the year for me. They're excitement machines.

Have to agree, I thought Lineham would have had a shout at this award too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users