Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone Predictions

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

Cant wait for this one - Biggest game since the Northern Rail Final, and massive financially for the club if we make the final

Im going for a memorable Batley win 26-16.

COME ON THE BULLDOGS!!!!
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

Who ever wins this will win the cup.

#3 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Batley 19-16 fev! Come on the dogs!!

#4 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

Have to be positive so Fev 20 dogs 22

#5 phildog

phildog
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Featherstone will have watched and studied the game at Leigh, and will have picked up on the fact that we don't defend dab throughs at all, so we can expect to be peppered with them anytime they get near our line on the 5th or 6th tackle. They will also have taken in the fact that we conceeded 5 tries v Workington and 3 against 1 on Sunday so will be confident that they can score a few as well. The fact that other than the wonder try we never again looked seriously like scoring another will also have registered. So, do we still have work to do in defence, or do we have more work to do in attack? Can we go there and throw the ball around like we did v Workington with gay abandon and dazzle them? Lots of questions to be answered. Of course it will be tight, but don't let Liam Finn anywhere near the ball if it's tight in the last 5 minutes!! hate to do this but I would go Featherstone by 5 or 6. Sorry lads, great effort but it may be our usual bridge too far at The Bigfellas.

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

I dont anyone seriously thinks we will win it is more enthusiastic exuberance we are spouting. I for one are satisfied with the double over dewsbury, 5th place in the league a semi final spot in the NR cup and a chance at Fev to make the play off final. Its been a good year and seen some good games. Thank you Batley :)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#7 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

This one is off to golden point again IMO.

#8 LuckyDog

LuckyDog
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

After getting nowhere near both times at Leigh earlier this season, we did it last week, so a result Sunday would not surprise me, however, neither would a heavy defeat.

Decent weather, so i think that might favour them, but my abiding memory of our last visit was Gaz Moore's wrong choice to kick through when we had an extra man on a break up the hill, we didnt score and ended up losing by the 6 points we chucked away. Wrong decision making at key moments have blighted our big games this season, so lets hope we have a few clear heads out there. JK knows how to win a game though.

I will be following twitter feeds (dont ask - badly planned holiday!), and would love to see a 24-22 victory! A big game needed from Blacky though - again.

Whatever the result, its been a great season, some great elation (golden point, last minute at Donny, Mennell at home to Leigh) and some frustrating moments (Worky at home - what was Blacky doing?, Sheffield - again, Fax away - again), so whatever we do Sunday, i've had plenty to be proud about this season.

Come on Batley!

#9 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

It'll be a good tight game as it always is between us two; Batley were unfortunate in both league games and I for one was relieved to hear the hooter in both games; Good defensive sides and am looking forward to seeing a belter;

#10 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

Fev 18 Bulldogs 19...Fantasy Island

#11 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,035 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

Cant call it.
I expect fev to win BUT it wont be the biggest surprise if we didn't. And yes, I realise that sounds like I have splinters up me @r se.
As I said..... not the biggest surprise I've had!!!!

Edited by Robin Evans, 23 September 2013 - 06:01 AM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#12 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

I dont anyone seriously thinks we will win it is more enthusiastic exuberance we are spouting. I for one are satisfied with the double over dewsbury, 5th place in the league a semi final spot in the NR cup and a chance at Fev to make the play off final. Its been a good year and seen some good games. Thank you Batley :)

And were still your cup final.

#13 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Really looking forward to this game. Fev 16-18 Batley. Finn will miss an easy 2 points between the sticks ;).

Whoever wins this though will take the trophy!
SIGNATURE

#14 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Fev by 30, game too far against a fresh side

#15 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Fev by 30, game too far against a fresh side

No chance in hell of a 30 point margin in a game like this. It isn't Super League!!

#16 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 961 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

cant see this been a classic, possibly just a bash it up the middle and chip away.wont be much in it and i doubt it will be high scoring as both teams are tops in the defence dept. am really looking forward to this game and if we can keep finn under a bit a pressure and put a few big shots in on fevs big lads then who knows if we get them puffing n blowing, were always good in the last 15 of late fitness wise so if its close late on i reckon we will come out on top. 22-16 to the dogs. mom flanny. crowd massive. beer cold. bring it on.. :download:

#17 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

Lol like ir style silverback ha

#18 Andy Stennett

Andy Stennett
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

Batley are well organised & skillful side

We only just won the league games so won't take anything for granted except that we will all watch a cracking match.

May the best team win the whole competition.
Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk
Ref: S8185
Mobile 07738 528178

#19 kiwityke

kiwityke
  • Coach
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

Go the Dogs. Will someone post the score please.

#20 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

This one is off to golden point again IMO.

Wish I'd gone to the bookies beforehand.