Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

How come you lot never rated

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

Patch Walker .....an absolute class stand off and used to get slagged off on here !

Posted Image

#2 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

He hasn't always been class. We had him for around 7 seasons and only started performing towards the latter end of his time at Dewsbury. He's always been a top tackler and he's one of the best goal kickers around.

#3 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

to be fair i never rated brambini but admit hes having a good game tonight, Walker and Brambini are murdering Murrell and Handforth

Posted Image

#4 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

to be fair i never rated brambini but admit hes having a good game tonight, Walker and Brambini are murdering Murrell and Handforth

Halfbacks always do behind a dominant pack..they always do.
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#5 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

Patch Walker .....an absolute class stand off and used to get slagged off on here !

I blame the dewsbury fans! A bunch of old washer women the lot of em :lol:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#6 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Always rated patch me just needed proper coaching though which we never had in his time at us he's got that at Sheffield under mark Aston

#7 steampig

steampig
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

Halfbacks always do behind a dominant pack..they always do.

Good post Il cattivo, you are spot on!

#8 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 932 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

The ones who rated him weren't as vocal as the ones who didn't, as is usually the case on here!

#9 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Still dont rate him

#10 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,226 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

Good player is Patch and a great goalkicker, but I'm still not sure what his best position is. He is not quick enough in all respects for a stand-off and his passing is pedestrian but he isn't really big enough for a loose forward. A tremendous team-player and tireless tackler he will never let anyone down for effort. His pace however is deceptive; he's slower than he looks.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#11 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Good player is Patch and a great goalkicker, but I'm still not sure what his best position is. He is not quick enough in all respects for a stand-off and his passing is pedestrian but he isn't really big enough for a loose forward. A tremendous team-player and tireless tackler he will never let anyone down for effort. His pace however is deceptive; he's slower than he looks.

Ideal choice for Tubbs, then.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users