Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hull Chairman issues apology

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hull FC owner Adam Pearson has issued a statement apologising to the club's supporters after Thursday night’s play-off defeat to Huddersfield Giants.

“On behalf of the club, I want to apologise unreservedly for the embarrassing performance that was produced in our play-off fixture last night," said Pearson.

Click here to view the article
League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

So when does he sack the coach then?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#3 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,482 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

So when does he sack the coach then?

He should sack half the team, never mind the coach.

#4 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

Hasn't he also said he would refund the fans that paid to watch it by knocking the amount paid off there next season ticket?
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#5 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Hasn't he also said he would refund the fans that paid to watch it by knocking the amount paid off there next season ticket?

He has indeed.

Whether or not I get reimbursed for the hospitality suite I hired remains to be seen.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#6 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

He has indeed.

Whether or not I get reimbursed for the hospitality suite I hired remains to be seen.

Results and performances are not guaranteed. I hate it when the suits come out with this kind of nonsense.

The fact that you were daft enough to take hospitality just means you're daft.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#7 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 925 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

Whilst I agree that it's ultimately the players responsibility to perform, it's the coaches job to prepare the players, make the transfers and pick the right team. Peter Gentle has IMO done a dreadful job in all three of these areas. He's made a number of poor signings and has failed to get the best out of a decent squad which is, I assume, costing them right up to the salary cap. Adam Pearson should be apologising to the fans not for the poor showing but for continuing to persevere with a manager who is clearly not going to bring them the success that a big club like Hull FC need.

#8 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 726 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

Will he also do that for the Wembley trip?
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#9 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Results and performances are not guaranteed. I hate it when the suits come out with this kind of nonsense.

The fact that you were daft enough to take hospitality just means you're daft.

So, what does the fact that you were daft enough to believe me mean?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#10 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Lol

#11 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

So, what does the fact that you were daft enough to believe me mean?

It means nothing.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#12 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,735 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

Teehee

Edited by Just Browny, 21 September 2013 - 08:36 AM.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#13 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Snigger.

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users