Any one know what was said at the forum

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 Nero

Nero
  • Coach
  • 711 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

It was a good discussion about where we are, how we got there & where we're going. I felt optimistic about the future. Well done a small enthusiastic BoD & of course Dave Bowden. One thing is clear, they need more help from the fans. If anyone has an hour or two to spare, there's always something to do at Derwent Park.

#22 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 827 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

I think there is a few seats still going at the presentation  do tonight at the cricket club should be a good night with all the players there,anyone wanting to go just give Tony Boyd a ring.

#23 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Excuses excuses.

Why weren't you there.

#24 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

well i am going to the presentation night tonight ,so i didnt want to dedicate a full weekend to Town.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#25 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Why are we rising to someone clearly having a laugh come on guys we could turn into them clowns down the road
Up the town

#26 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

I'm not rising, just asking a question as to why he wasn't there. Which surprisingly he hasn't answered yet.

#27 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

I wasn't there because I don't have any particular gripe and therefore didn't have any questions to ask. If I did I would've been there rather than come on here and ask what happened.

#28 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

It was a good discussion about where we are, how we got there & where we're going. I felt optimistic about the future. Well done a small enthusiastic BoD & of course Dave Bowden. One thing is clear, they need more help from the fans. If anyone has an hour or two to spare, there's always something to do at Derwent Park.

I suppose most fans were expecting some announcement with regards to signings, but the forum wasn't about that. After listening to MF last night I am encouraged by what is happening down at the club..

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#29 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

What a stupid thing to say. Who else has said they had gripes?

#30 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

I wasn't there because I don't have any particular gripe and therefore didn't have any questions to ask. If I did I would've been there rather than come on here and ask what happened.

Oh I see so similarly if the team played, and you weren't there, you wouldn't want to come on

to forum and gauge views of fellow fans?   Mmmmm strange why you are even registered for

the forum then?  Surely if you wanted to know anything you would just go down to the club

rather than come on here and post nearly 500 times.

Fans who couldn't make it were just simply enquiring if any signings had been made, not

about any gripe.  Me thinks you are trolling now, so I will leave it at that. 

Up the Town!

#31 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Up the town x2
Who we gonna go for player of the year then tonight? Callum Phillips? Peter Lupton?

#32 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

We're all fans , , we're all interested , that's why we want information . We care , and there'd be no club if we didn't . It's a pretty high level of tolerance if you're judged on if you go to a forum . Our support goes way deeper .

#33 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

Sounds like the night was a positive one for everyone who thought it was more important to attend than going on the lash.
The bod have done a fantastic job to get where we are, and last night was a great idea.

Edited by The Voodooguru, 21 September 2013 - 10:05 AM.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#34 maripins

maripins
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

Getting to the point of the topic- It was asked about props.Rumours flying about on here that Chris Coward had retired,and
Jamie Thackray wouldn't be back and Acton gone. MarkF answered by saying we were looking for one prop as good as or BETTER than Acton.It was hoped that News of signings would be announced within two weeks.DR players would not be used,and had not been used to replace squad players who were out of form but only if injuries meant numbers were short, because financial restraints meant the club could only operate with a small squad.The club could do with 10 volunteers for match days to do various jobs.The BOD are 4 in number and anyone wanting to be a director would be welcome because the workload for the present board is heavy.Hope these few points have been useful to anyone who couldn't get down for whatever reason.

#35 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

The subject of players going on holiday during the season was brought up and it looks like the BOD is going to do something about it.

Also, there was a sneek peek at some designs for next season strip.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#36 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

Strip will be interesting . I'd love to see a return of the clean white top and big blue v . Simple but striking . White shorts and hooped socks . We've had the hoop , now let's hark back to the glory days of the 70s!!

#37 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

The prop if he signs should set the world on fire, as for the full back well if anyone knows who it is was well it's not going to be immediately

#38 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

The prop if he signs should set the world on fire, as for the full back well if anyone knows who it is was well it's not going to be immediately

yeah not good news for the young lad
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#39 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Strip will be interesting . I'd love to see a return of the clean white top and big blue v . Simple but striking . White shorts and hooped socks . We've had the hoop , now let's hark back to the glory days of the 70s!!

I'd like to see that too dave.

#40 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 774 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

yeah not good news for the young lad

Just seen on news and star site, how unlucky is that on the very

last tackle of tour.  

Getting Carter to sign would be a big bonus, or otherwise getting a good winger or two and

Miller going to full back role.

Prop sounds interesting, anyone like to PM the name, cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users