Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Goal line drop outs

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 faz'_nose

faz'_nose
  • Coach
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

On the line is in the goal area. So if attacking team outs it on line try, defending team means gldo

In fairness, this first sentence provided a complete answer to the OP.

For anybody who is still confused, deprogramme the thought that says "on the line = over the line".

Instead, think, "the goal-line/try-line is (a small) part of the in-goal area".

#22 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

It's not different!!!

Regardless of possession, the line is in goal.

The rule does not change...it stays the same...the line is in goal!

Okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;#!££!;£111one

It's time to park the camels.

#23 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

I smell.

Double post. Chicken nuggets.

Edited by YCKonstantine, 21 September 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#24 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,920 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

Some of you seem to have lost your heads at a simple post.

I wasn't disputing the fact that that is clearly the rule, I was asking why it is different, but as some calm people have cleared the matter up, lock this before someone has a heart attack, jeez!

I suggest you read your own post you clearly state "I was under the impression that in RL on the line = over the line. "  You were clearly stating you thought the rule was different depending on which way the ball was being carried.

You also clearly didn't understand what the rule was despite your now "apparent" understanding.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#25 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

I suggest you read your own post you clearly state "I was under the impression that in RL on the line = over the line. " You were clearly stating you thought the rule was different depending on which way the ball was being carried.

You also clearly didn't understand what the rule was despite your now "apparent" understanding.

Yes, I 'thought' it was different, I was wrong as has been pointed out to me by some of the calmer people on here. But hey, I'm not the only one who doesn't know every single rule. Just ask the thousands that boo when they can't have a quick 20m restart because they've passed it for the tap.

#26 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,920 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

Yes, I 'thought' it was different, I was wrong as has been pointed out to me by some of the calmer people on here. But hey, I'm not the only one who doesn't know every single rule. Just ask the thousands that boo when they can't have a quick 20m restart because they've passed it for the tap.

I'm sorry but even after it had been pointed out to you many times that you were wrong you persisted and then when the penny dropped you tried to change your stance.

I'm sorry for pointing it out, I'll try to behave myself in future.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#27 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

I'm sorry but even after it had been pointed out to you many times that you were wrong you persisted and then when the penny dropped you tried to change your stance.

I'm sorry for pointing it out, I'll try to behave myself in future.

If I thought I was right why would I post on here asking about the rule? I said I thought on = over, such as it is for touch, touch-in-goal, dead-in-goal etc so therefore TO ME that seemed to be a wrong decision so I came here for clarification, it seems I was wrong to do so.

#28 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,920 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

Don't see how I contradict myself, if the attacking team grounds the ball on the try line, it is over the line and therefore is a try. So why if the defending team grounds the ball on the try line is it not 'over the line' and play on?

I think it was this post, #5, which has caused the confusion. You asked the question, it had been explained, but, you asked the same question again!!!

#29 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

I think it was this post, #5, which has caused the confusion. You asked the question, it had been explained, but, you asked the same question again!!!

The first reply was a bunch of words in the wrong order which kind of make sense when looking back. The second post wasn't very helpful when wanting an explantion and the third reply was telling me I'm wrong, great answer. Griff (post 11) was the most helpful as he actually explained what I was asking, after I had to ask again.

On the try line means in goal, end of thread.

Edited by YCKonstantine, 21 September 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#30 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,440 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

The first reply was a bunch of words in the wrong order which kind of make sense when looking back. The second post wasn't very helpful when wanting an explantion and the third reply was telling me I'm wrong, great answer. Griff (post 11) was the most helpful as he actually explained what I was asking, after I had to ask again.

On the try line means in goal, end of thread.

You're welcome.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users