Gentle tipped to leave Hull

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#41 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

I genuinely have no idea what you're on about?
And by the lack of response, neither does anyone else.

Go on say it damn you.

rldfsignature.jpg

#42 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,734 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

Go on say it damn you.

"It"
Posted Image

#43 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 770 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

Will I ever see a proven coach in charge of my club?

If Radford replaces him it will be a huge mistake. Success with East Hull is one thing, working as an assistant another, but he should go and cut his teeth elsewhere in the Championship before taking on a club like FC.

Great point.

We are mostly loving what DP is doing for us at Cas but anyone at Hull needs to look at the length & depth of the apprenticeship he served (and some of the pain) before they make an appointment.

Good luck wifh it.....

#44 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 770 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

If Hull want to replicate Huddersfield relative success they need to stop shopping in Castleford and venture just a few miles West along the M62.

What? At the White Rose centre?

#45 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 663 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

I BLAME AGAR!!!!!!

#46 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,768 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

I BLAME AGAR!!!!!!

At last!

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#47 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,768 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Spoken like a man who still bears the scars from Len Casey's time as Hull coach.

I probably have told you this before but whatever.

I'll never forget a shareholders' meeting I once attended when Casey was coach. Hull had just lost a derby at home against Rovers during which Lee Crooks vomited on the touchline in full view of the crowd. There were plenty of accusations made to Casey at that meeting about Crooks playing whilst unfit through drink. Casey denied this several times until one lady said " You must think we're stupid".

He finally lost his rag and admitted " a half pis sed Crooksy is better than anything else weve got".

The silence that followed that astonishing utterance lasted, what seemed like ages, probably because his coaching career at Hull had just died.

Edited by Old Frightful, 22 September 2013 - 09:38 AM.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#48 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,402 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

I probably have told you this before but whatever.

I'll never forget a shareholders' meeting I once attended when Casey was coach. Hull had just lost a derby at home against Rovers during which Lee Crooks vomited on the touchline in full view of the crowd. There were plenty of accusations made to Casey at that meeting about Crooks playing whilst unfit through drink. Casey denied this several times until one lady said " You must think we're stupid".

He finally lost his rag and admitted " a half pis sed Crooksy is better than anything else weve got".

The silence that followed that astonishing utterance lasted, what seemed like ages, probably because his coaching career at Hull had just died.

You have, mate.

But a good yarn is always worth repeating.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#49 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

At last!

The Hull FC equivalent of Godwin's Law.

rldfsignature.jpg

#50 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,768 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Meet the men lined up to replace Gentle...

Lee Radford, Andy Last, Paul Cooke  :blink:  and maybe even Sean Long  :blink:  :blink:

http://www.yorkshire...ll-fc-1-6076062

Is that someone's idea of a dream team, cos I'm already fearing bloody nightmares... :(

#51 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

Meet the men lined up to replace Gentle...

Lee Radford, Andy Last, Paul Cooke :blink: and maybe even Sean Long :blink: :blink:

http://www.yorkshire...ll-fc-1-6076062

Is that someone's idea of a dream team, cos I'm already fearing bloody nightmares... :(

I do hope that this is journalistic hyperbole rather than an actual indication of the aspirations of our club.

If this happens I won't need any excuse to make this my last season as a pass holder, especially as I will be out of a job this time next year.

If Paul Cooke has anything to do with the club ever again I will abandon all hope for FC evermore and defect to Halifax.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#52 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

I BLAME AGAR!!!!!!

lol

Thanks for that, you've just releived an unnatural amount of pressure in alf of Hull.

It's like some strange form of turrets syndrome!

#53 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,768 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Who is this Alf of whom you speak?

I think we need to be told.

#54 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

Well there's a phenomenon. Rather than relieving pressure in fellow humans, Old Frightful usually induces a rise in blood pressure. :-D

I'm more intrigued by 'turrets syndrome'. Is it some kind of mediaeval pox, or an irrational belief that you were Rapunzel in a past life?

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#55 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

That's it, he's gone: http://mobile.hullfc...s/Article/30882.

He was an improvement on Agar and I would have been happy to keep him for the final year of his contract. Instead I am praying to all deities that the next one is a proven coach and a further improvement.

#56 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,734 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

That's it, he's gone: http://mobile.hullfc...s/Article/30882.

He was an improvement on Agar and I would have been happy to keep him for the final year of his contract. Instead I am praying to all deities that the next one is a proven coach and a further improvement.

He had two years left, not one.
Posted Image

#57 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

He had two years left, not one.

Sorry, I keep forgetting about the extension.

#58 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

For me, Hull should never have got rid of Sharp. thought he was an excellent well respected coach who was unfortunate with an injury crisis during his last season with the club

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#59 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

I liked Peter Gentle.. shame to see him go. Think next season Hull would have been a much better side. He clearly went in with the attitude of fix the defence first, and the then focus in attack, which i think was the right approach. This season was all about tightening that Hull defence, which he certainly did. 

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#60 7723

• Coach
  • 564 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

I liked Peter Gentle.. shame to see him go. Think next season Hull would have been a much better side. He clearly went in with the attitude of fix the defence first, and the then focus in attack, which i think was the right approach. This season was all about tightening that Hull defence, which he certainly did. 

Until they played Huddersfield and the defence disappeared.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users