Newcastle v Melbourne - spoilers likely

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,663 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

Lovely stuff. Now get Widdop on a plane before the Aussies find an operation they can make him have.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#22 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Feel like I've spent three hours watching Melbourne players on the floor. They should sign Steve Matai; he'd fit in well.

You were right about Slater feigning injury though.

He only stayed down about a dozen more times even when his side was on the front foot.

Maybe its the end of a tough season and nearly all players are carrying some sort of injury. are you surprised when so many players do not play in the end of season Test matches to go under the knife to fix problems they have carried for weeks at the end of the season.

Whats the odds one or more English players in the NRL can not be selected for the WC due to surgery?

Edited by AndyCapp, 21 September 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#23 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,748 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Good win for the Knights but I can't see them getting any further. Hope I am wrong as they deserve a bit of success.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#24 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Lovely stuff. Now get Widdop on a plane before the Aussies find an operation they can make him have.

You are slightly simple it seems.

If you need an operation what do you think may change that?

In "Aussies" do you mean the general population or the ARL or perhaps the Melbourne Storm? (they do not give a rats ass as Widdop has moved to the Dragons)

Edited by AndyCapp, 21 September 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#25 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Good win for the Knights but I can't see them getting any further. Hope I am wrong as they deserve a bit of success.

They may surprise a few people and get to the final, they have a well balanced team and a good Coach

#26 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

You are slightly simple it seems.
If you need an operation what do you think may change that?
In "Aussies" do you mean the general population or the ARL or perhaps the Melbourne Storm? (they do not give a rats ass as Widdop has moved to the Dragons)

You just can't handle anything aimed at Australia can you, no matter how tongue in cheek. Its very amusing.

#27 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,748 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

They may surprise a few people and get to the final, they have a well balanced team and a good Coach

I won't disagree with you there but I think they play the roosters next week? A step too far I reckon

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#28 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

You just can't handle anything aimed at Australia can you, no matter how tongue in cheek. Its very amusing.

Why do you say it was tongue in cheek?

The thing England need to be aware of is the dirty tricks that players like Smith, Slater and Cronk get away with. We've already seen Slater staying down to win a penalty, and all three players ranting and raving at the referee. Time for McNamara to start thinking about how to intimidate the officials, as Australia will already have their plan written. Throw in the unpleasant Thurston and we'll be fighting against 14 men again, like in 2011.

I must have missed the subtleties implied in the post.

Edited by AndyCapp, 21 September 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#29 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

I won't disagree with you there but I think they play the roosters next week? A step too far I reckon

Maybe, but in finals it can be the rub of the green or one cock up that can decide a game.

#30 morleyrhino

morleyrhino
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

Give it up Mate.

I guess no English players whine at the Ref?

I could name a few that never stop whining.

Newcastle came out of the blocks fast and deserve to be ahead, this should go down to the wire.

Mr Tomkins being the prime example :P

Edited by morleyrhino, 22 September 2013 - 12:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users