TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

BATLEY, who's the dangerman

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

who do you reckon could do us damage tomorrow

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#2 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

The referee
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#3 daveexponte

daveexponte
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

Any player wearing a Batley Bull Dogs shirt could do Rovers a lot of damage if we let them. Thats why we have to be fully focussed to get into the Grand Final.

#4 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Kear...Theres not much difference between these sides; Promises to be a humdinger;

#5 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

Maun used to do well against us. hope he's past it now.

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#6 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

Moore's kicking and all round game were excellent against Leigh, but the weather really helped the kicking. Of course depends what team he puts out. John Davies has been outstanding in the past few matches so if you are looking for an individual it might be him.

#7 paff

paff
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

Don't think the danger comes from batley as much as it comes from are own team ie some soft tries given away this season at least we have a plan B now,saying that I think lads will be well up for it and win by at least 10

#8 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

Don't think the danger comes from batley as much as it comes from are own team ie some soft tries given away this season at least we have a plan B now,saying that I think lads will be well up for it and win by at least 10

Agree on that point,paff. We must keep our aggression levels up in the tackles, play in their faces and do not ease off when achieving a winning platform.

We have the lads that can do this one.

#9 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Expecting Blackie to have a big game tomorrow.

#10 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

Then there's always Andy Kain; his passes out wide can be devastating to either side. Not been giving too many interceptions away just lately though!

#11 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Johnson, lightning fast, don't know if he plays tomorrow. Ben Black was once a thorn in our side, llittle magician but his powers are on the wain slightly. Jason Walton strong running centre come second row, had he have made the correct choice and passed to his wingman at Mt.Pleasant the result could have been different. Flannagan good schemer at hooker and Moore also talented half back, had he have made a different choice instead if kicking at ours in July the result could have been different and he also worries about his hair been displaced. Byron Smith good prop. Walmsley jnr good back row and of course Lyndsay also always has a good game v Rovers. As you say OR Maun always has a good game agin us but I think he missed at least one if not both meetings v us in the league this year.

If Batley win it will be tight, if Rovers win it could be by a 15-20 margin this time.

The thing that Batley have lacked in the last three years against Rovers ( save for the win in the NRC in 2012) is that killler touch in the last 10-15 mins, something that Sheffield and Halifax have had in recent years.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 21 September 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#12 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

promises to be a cracker, perfect weather, perfect pitch and conditions. great fans from both clubs. A match played in the proper spirit of the game.Am i dreaming? will let you know after the game.

#13 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

promises to be a cracker, perfect weather, perfect pitch and conditions. great fans from both clubs. A match played in the proper spirit of the game.Am i dreaming? will let you know after the game.

Moore and Black. Contain them and we will win easily.

#14 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

who do you reckon could do us damage tomorrow

Alex (Chris) Rowe, he is  a light under a bush, be very aware, he wants to meet us in the Final, all his old mates will be there and he would love the after match urine up!!!!!!

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#15 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

Had the late great Bill Shankly been the coach for Rovers today and OR would have asked the same question Shanks would have said;

They've got no danger men, but ours are ; Hardman, Sharp, Hepworth, Worthington, Saxton, Kain, Finn, Crossley, Kaye, James, Dale, Bussey, Bostock, Mellars, Bryan etc.

Forgot Locky

Edited by Andrew Vause, 22 September 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#16 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

Had the late great Bill Shankly been the coach for Rovers today and OR would have asked the same question Shanks would have said;

They've got no danger men, but ours are ; Hardman, Sharp, Hepworth, Worthington, Saxton, Kain, Finn, Crossley, Kaye, James, Dale, Bussey, Bostock, Mellars, Bryan etc.

like it

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#17 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

The referee

I was right!
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#18 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

I was right!

Bent as they come

#19 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Get a grip, for Gawds sake.

Posted Image

#20 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Bent as they come

Under direct instructions from the RFL no doubt. It's a well known fact that Fev aren't welcome at the top table.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users