Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

BATLEY, who's the dangerman

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

Why was the referee bent?!! He gave a skinny ten to both sides. Most Fev fans around me had the class to admit they'd been outfought and outthought today. Bit of a shame some people are trying to detract from an amazing and deserved win for us with childish bleating about the officials. Very poor.

#22 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 938 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

Why was the referee bent?!! He gave a skinny ten to both sides. Most Fev fans around me had the class to admit they'd been outfought and outthought today. Bit of a shame some people are trying to detract from an amazing and deserved win for us with childish bleating about the officials. Very poor.

Agree LMAO, but if any Fev fans care to look at the DVD and count the number of cheap 3rd man in flops. plus 3rd man in tacklin around the thighs/legs, now illegal, you will actually see the referee let you get away with loads, yes he missed loads from your view(agree), but please accept he missed  loads from our view, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I admire Fev and wish you all the luck in your quest, but please let us have our moment of glory, and accept defeat graciously and stop looking for excuses.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#23 GoldDog

GoldDog
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Is this real ?

Every time the ball popped out for us it was a knock on, everytime for Rovers it was a steal.

Dozens of third men flops from Rovers, none of which went punished, and the linesman missed an absolute howler when Sharp knocked the ball a yard forward when challenging one of our attacking kicks.

Barlow's torpedo like dive into Greenwoods kidneys amongst his other egregious antices . . . .

Lets be fair about this and good luck.

#24 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Have to say I was delighted when Barlow was on the field for extra time as he was doing no damage with ball in hand but was always likely to concede a penalty.

#25 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,085 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

quite right. you played well today, lot of skill, lot of heart. the result is we're out and you're in the final. good luck. oh, and good fans, good support and well behaved.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#26 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

Johnson, lightning fast, don't know if he plays tomorrow. Ben Black was once a thorn in our side, llittle magician but his powers are on the wain slightly. Jason Walton strong running centre come second row, had he have made the correct choice and passed to his wingman at Mt.Pleasant the result could have been different. Flannagan good schemer at hooker and Moore also talented half back, had he have made a different choice instead if kicking at ours in July the result could have been different and he also worries about his hair been displaced. Byron Smith good prop. Walmsley jnr good back row and of course Lyndsay also always has a good game v Rovers. As you say OR Maun always has a good game agin us but I think he missed at least one if not both meetings v us in the league this year.
If Batley win it will be tight, if Rovers win it could be by a 15-20 margin this time.
The thing that Batley have lacked in the last three years against Rovers ( save for the win in the NRC in 2012) is that killler touch in the last 10-15 mins, something that Sheffield and Halifax have had in recent years.

That killer touch was there in bucket loads today, well done Dogs.

#27 ralph2

ralph2
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

Kear...Theres not much difference between these sides; Promises to be a humdinger;Youve

Youve got to watch them Cas lads when there backs are at the wall. Thats when there at the most Dangereous.

#28 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:45 AM

Youve got to watch them Cas lads when there backs are at the wall. Thats when there at the most Dangereous.

youv got to watch them Cas lads when your facing the wall thats when there dangerous

#29 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

youv got to watch them Cas lads when your facing the wall thats when there dangerous

Ha ha