Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Chokers

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#1 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hahahaha. Who's the chokers now gingdong? Who let the dogs out!

#2 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Know exactly how you guys must feel!

#3 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

Be nice to be rumbling around an empty stadium next week.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#4 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

Jeez - such sportsmanship from everyone. :dontknow:

It's just a game.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#5 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

They were never in it Griff until the second half when the penalties started to flow. Complete and utter bull, a more one sided refereeing performance I have not seen all season.

#6 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

It is a lot more than that if you are a diehard fan of a particular club.

To lose is bad especially if you are not expecting it.

Well done to Batley however.

#7 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

They were never in it Griff until the second half when the penalties started to flow. Complete and utter bull, a more one sided refereeing performance I have not seen all season.

The ref made some mistakes but
Don't blame the ref we were in a winning position and we let it slip. Well done Batley you played better in second half and won good luck next week

Edited by jt, 22 September 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#8 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

Think ref played a big part in it , got them down field for 2 tries an was bent as they come at play the ball an offsides

#9 MADREDNIGE

MADREDNIGE
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Ref was poor at times but he is not the one tackling, batley deserved it for that second half showing, can,t let 18-0 and 20-6 leads slip away at home in a s-f

#10 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

Fair doos then refs don't have any influence on outcome and turning of games then, i must a bi missing summat playin coachin an watchin game over 40 year

#11 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

You'll be back.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#12 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

[quote name="PlayersAgent" post="2794146" timestamp="1379870621"]

absolute rubbish and i'm a neutral,They absolutely dominated you in the second half as you dominated them in the first. They upped the ante in the second half and fev simply could not stay with them....your post is laughable.[/quote

Not as daft as yours]

Edited by dydo, 22 September 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#13 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

absolute rubbish and i'm a neutral,They absolutely dominated you in the second half as you dominated them in the first. They upped the ante in the second half and fev simply could not stay with them....your post is laughable.

We did not receive one penalty for offside but Batley had countless. They got a wiped tackle count or a charge down and we didn't. Their last try was one his back with a player underneath yet he grounds the ball. Crapola.

#14 stevo the legend

stevo the legend
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Bet you were singing championees like you were three weeks ago.

Champions of what???

Lol lol
Get the rhinos out of MY club

#15 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

good look batley next week think the gate money will be well down tho the 100 fans from sheff and maybe 400 from datley i'd say the att next week won't top 3000

#16 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

good look batley next week think the gate money will be well down tho the 100 fans from sheff and maybe 400 from datley i'd say the att next week won't top 3000

As I've posted on another forum, we took over 2000 fans to Blackpool in 2010 for the NR Final. I'm confident we'll do that again. Amazing where fans spring from in our turn when glory is on the cards - and the prospect of a booze up.

Posted Image

#17 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

Discipline shocking today! Barlow especially! 3 pens gave away all for headshots one included trying to break Alex Rowes neck!

Got nothing and deserved nothing 16-0 up and all over them then get a penalty and take 2 - how negative was that?

Long best coach in world when 40-0 up but totally schooled by kear today on how to coach a team playing in a pressure game

I said it last season and ill say it again - is 1st a poison chalice? Yet again we come up short following a week or two off - we looked out on our feet at times in the second half whereas Batley steamrolled us and looked the more fitter

I find it no suprise that both finalists havent had a week off since the playoffs began

#18 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

Bet you were singing championees like you were three weeks ago.

Champions of what???

Lol lol

A ###### system , that rewards consistency with nothing

Edited by Maureen T-k, 22 September 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#19 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

Discipline shocking today! Barlow especially! 3 pens gave away all for headshots one included trying to break Alex Rowes neck!

Got nothing and deserved nothing 16-0 up and all over them then get a penalty and take 2 - how negative was that?

Long best coach in world when 40-0 up but totally schooled by kear today on how to coach a team playing in a pressure game

I said it last season and ill say it again - is 1st a poison chalice? Yet again we come up short following a week or two off - we looked out on our feet at times in the second half whereas Batley steamrolled us and looked the more fitter

I find it no suprise that both finalists havent had a week off since the playoffs began

Think we need you as coach

#20 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

Well done Batley..We were well out-coached by Kear in second half; To come back from 18-0 down was a credit to their team; We were simply stifled in attack and never made a telling break in second half; I think Finn made the right decision to make it 18-0 with a penalty and it looked to be the right decision until we gave a silly penalty away right near the end;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users