Chokers

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#221 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Wouldn't have been time , we only had a week to organise tickets / busses as it was , for our troubles of finishing

Doesn't have to be the following week does it. 

#222 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

It was though wasent it ? . Unless we start leaving a week blank now in case theres a drawn game , which quite frankly would be silly !

#223 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,661 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Dydo's right Colin. It wouldn't work for the play-offs.  It's a tight schedule as it is - even before you factor in tv games.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#224 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Dydo's right Colin. It wouldn't work for the play-offs.  It's a tight schedule as it is - even before you factor in tv games.

Sorry, a bit at cross purposes. I was talking about the play off finals . Didn't make myself clear. The crowds are poorish . How about making this final a curtain raiser to the SL play off final?

#225 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Sorry, a bit at cross purposes. I was talking about the play off finals . Didn't make myself clear. The crowds are poorish . How about making this final a curtain raiser to the SL play off final?

Edited by dydo, 03 October 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#226 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Our biggest final as a curtain raiser , it's not under bloooowdy nines !

#227 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Didn't we is to play at old Trafford before the main game

#228 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

Didn't we is to play at old Trafford before the main game

We used to have the double header at Old Trafford in the olden days!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#229 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,661 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

And now they can fill it with just the one game.  That's the difference.

43000 there when we played there in 1989, 34000 in 1992.  2013 attendance will probably be more than those two added together.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#230 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

We used to have the double header at Old Trafford in the olden days!!!

In those days it was just the play-off final, winning the league was the main prize! And If we doubled up with Super League,what would happen to the Championship 1 final, and the amateurs?

Moving the Championship Grand Final to Yorkshire would probably attract bigger crowds, as the favourites to get there would have less travelling, and there would be more neutral fans from Championship clubs on the doorstep.  

#231 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

Have to agree it needs moving to Headingley. Pubs around the ground easy access to ground and I believe more would turn up.

#232 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Forget the Old Trafford pipe dream. It'd be fantastic to see our sides run out there in front of a huge crowd and with massive exposure, but the SL bosses don't want us there. Rugby League outside of SL isn't even mentioned on SKY these days - whatsoever. I realise that the Premier Sports deal marginalised us to an extent, but the fact that SKY made little effort to renew their deal to broadcast Championship games - despite the very decent ratings it attracted, should tell us all we need to know. I'm not even sure they would be able to show a Championship GF curtain raiser at Old Trafford, given the Premier Sports deal.

Posted Image

#233 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

Its a shame the Beeb don't pick it up or Channel 4. I don't think we recieve money from Premier sport so what would C4 or the BBC lose in showing a Championship (incl Ch 1) game?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#234 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

Quite a bit of press about Sheffield winning the Championship twice in a row - a record they said. Not a word about OUR RECORD of FOUR wins in a row.

#235 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

Quite a bit of press about Sheffield winning the Championship twice in a row - a record they said. Not a word about OUR RECORD of FOUR wins in a row.

Thats because it isnt a record - wigan won the league 7 in a row in the early to mid 90's

Edited by elppaxr2i, 04 October 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#236 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

Forget the Old Trafford pipe dream. It'd be fantastic to see our sides run out there in front of a huge crowd and with massive exposure, but the SL bosses don't want us there. Rugby League outside of SL isn't even mentioned on SKY these days - whatsoever. I realise that the Premier Sports deal marginalised us to an extent, but the fact that SKY made little effort to renew their deal to broadcast Championship games - despite the very decent ratings it attracted, should tell us all we need to know. I'm not even sure they would be able to show a Championship GF curtain raiser at Old Trafford, given the Premier Sports deal.

The important issue is what will happen with TV coverage when Super League splits? If Sky. the tabloids, and the BBC, only give media coverage to SL1, then SL2 will quickly fall apart, and so will the game in general! 

#237 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

Thats because it isnt a record - wigan won the league 7 in a row in the early to mid 90's

Talking of the Championship.

#238 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Isnt that what wigan won? Pretty sure they won the championship

Edited by elppaxr2i, 06 October 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#239 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Aye.... wigan are the champions. Just got off the blower to my mate... an ardent fartowner and has been since they were sheeeite!
He is absolutely resolute that Huddersfield need to win the gf if they are to be called champs. All the giants fans he knows are apparently of the same mind set.. e.g. wigan are chamos
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#240 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

He is absolutely resolute that Huddersfield need to win the gf if they are to be called champs. All the giants fans he knows are apparently of the same mind set.. e.g. wigan are chamos

Not necessarily disagreeing with you Robin - we know the rules at the start of each season and the argument has certainly been done to death by our fans - but I wonder how many of those Giants fans would change their tune if they win the Shield but not the GF for the next 3 years as well as this year....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users