• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#241 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,285 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Dunno..... and yes you are correct... its been done to death.
I know a few giants fans having worked at st. Lukes Huddersfield for ten yrs. They seem to have embraced the play off concept much more readily than rovers fans have. All those I know regard wigan as the daddy's!
Time to move on. I can't wait for boxing day. Only 81 days to go.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#242 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

Mind, the other difference is it's probably easier to embrace the idea of a final at Old Trafford in front of 60,000+ fans & in front of the Sky cameras than the glamour of a 3rd visit of the season to Leigh Sports Village.
But as you say...onwards and upwards. We again had a lot more happy days than grim ones last season, even with all the upheaval. Squad looks strong, one or two exciting newcomers brought in, shiny new stand getting closer to completion and other positive off-the-field developments. Sport is all about hope, isn't it, and there's no shortage of that at the Bigfellas these days.

#243 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

Although I'll never agree that the champions are not the league winners, It makes a little more sense in SL for the GF winners to be champs, due to the "magic" weekend which means that the playing field isn't quite level, i.e. Huddersfield played Bradford 3 times, but Wigan played Leeds 3 times in the league; I know which one of those I'd rather face 3 times in one season.

In our division though, we play everyone twice so it's same for all so the league system is a fair judge of the best team over the season.

Edited by DOGFATHER, 09 October 2013 - 04:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users