Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Chokers

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#21 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

As usual, the "second half" syndrome took over.. Well done Batley, they fully deserved it. They gave us a lesson on how to survive an onslaught, weather it and then hit back. Its getting rather frustrating and soul destroying, to say the least, to witness the team playing good footie, taking a commanding lead and then fritter it all away, (again). I feel that even achieving a slight victory today, on this performance we would have stood no chance against Sheffield.

Mellars and Barlow, IMO are simply not playing for the club. and I think we were clutching at straws when we signed them.

The forwards played their hearts out but we had no follow up from the halves. One man rugby second half.

Dubious decisions from the ref at times, but I for one will not lay the blame at the officials door.

Second half performance indicated a team who could not wait for the end of the season. 

#22 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

good look batley next week think the gate money will be well down tho the 100 fans from sheff and maybe 400 from datley i'd say the att next week won't top 3000

Was thinking exactly the same! Will be the smallest ever crowd for the Championships finals day!

Posted Image

#23 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Was thinking exactly the same! Will be the smallest ever crowd for the Championships finals day!

At least give them credit for getting there

#24 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

Both sides are in the final on merit, espescially Batley winning away at Leigh & Fev.

Imagine the RFL won't be happy from a 'revenue' point of view, at Halifax in the NRC final, Eagles took a few hundred fans - imagine how many will trek over to Lancashire. Crusaders took more fans for the 'plate final' then what Sheffield took. Imagine there will be more fans for the 'champ one' Oldham v Rochdale game, than the main event....as Metallica one sang "Sad But True". At a push there maybe a combined total of 1000 Batley/Sheffield fans,

Edited by budgiezilla, 22 September 2013 - 06:41 PM.

#25 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Both sides are in the final on merit, espescially Batley winning away at Leigh & Fev.

Imagine the RFL won't be happy from a 'revenue' point of view, at Halifax in the NRC final, Eagles took a few hundred fans - imagine how many will trek over to Lancashire. Crusaders took more fans for the 'plate final' then what Sheffield took. Imagine there will be more fans for the 'champ one' Oldham v Rochdale game, than the main event....as Metallica one sang "Sad But True". At a push there maybe a combined total of 1000 Batley/Sheffield fans,

So what?

#26 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

I've posted this before, but here goes again - we sold just under 2500 tickets for the 2010 NR Final. Woodwork fans maybe, but I'd suggest they'll all be there again for what is a bigger game.

Posted Image

#27 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

After the match John Kear said they had been rehearsing drop goal plays all week, with Flanagan as a 3rd option because Fev would be closing down on Black and Moore. We only had Finn, who wasn't given space and rushed his kicks. He should have been taking the single point earlier in the game, however,to turn the extra two points from the penalty into three, but it's always wise after the event. Full credit to the Bulldogs for a magnificient fightback!

#28 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 552 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

So the Fevalution grinds to a shuddering halt yet again. How absolutely hilarious.
Well done Batley.

#29 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

So the Fevalution grinds to a shuddering halt yet again. How absolutely hilarious.
Well done Batley.

Batley deserved the win today but the Fevalution won't stop we are still a top championship side and going in the right direction and it will continue with the people we have in charge

#30 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

absolute rubbish and i'm a neutral,They absolutely dominated you in the second half as you dominated them in the first. They upped the ante in the second half and fev simply could not stay with them....your post is laughable.

Second half we were out muscled in the forwards, outplayed in the half backs and nullified in the threequartgers. Our kicking game was poor and we seemed incapable of catching a high ball that gave Batley field position. Our attempts at drop goals were pathetic. We were totally lacking in ideas in the second half and resorted to 5 trundles and a kick which they took every time. Yes the ref did make mistakes but not as many as us. Well done Batley and good look in the final. Any chance of us recruiting John Kear?

#31 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

It highlights how well both teams have done in reaching the final. Since promotion to the Super League was scrapped the attendances for Grand Finals have been poor including the finals involving Featherstone. Batley getting to the Final is good for the game. 

Edited by bulldogtrev, 22 September 2013 - 07:06 PM.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#32 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Batley fans on the Featherstone fans site after you've just beat them....shock/horror !!!!!

You'll take more fans than Sheffield (not difficult), but just spoke to Ralph Rimmer, he's in tears......bless ! :tongue:

#33 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Well done Batley.

The fevolution is an on and off the field , ongoing project that has seen us in 4 finals and winning 4 league leaders shields as well as developing our OWN OWNED stadium and facilities into better than many superleague clubs , so if you think thats hillarious you need to change your school tommorrow buddy

#34 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

Well done Batley.

The fevolution is an on and off the field , ongoing project that has seen us in 4 finals and winning 4 league leaders shields as well as developing our OWN OWNED stadium and facilities into better than many superleague clubs , so if you think thats hillarious you need to change your school tommorrow buddy

#35 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

Well done Batley.

League points Fev 70 Batley 57 go figure!!
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#36 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

There may be more neutrals at the final with fev not being there

#37 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

There may be more neutrals at the final with fev not being there

Why ?

#38 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 943 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

They were never in it Griff until the second half when the penalties started to flow. Complete and utter bull, a more one sided refereeing performance I have not seen all season.

Oh come on get a grip. Watch the DVD back and you watch JUST your team and imagine they are ANOTHER team you will see loads of horrible things going on in the tackles,3rd man flopping, 3rd man tackling around thighs, illegal. As I say gerra grip. Accept you lost but have WON the proper trophy, ie The League. Well Done.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#39 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Why ?

you're not liked by many other than your own

#40 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts