Chokers

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#41 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

, 3rd man tackling around thighs, illegal. .

no it's not. only if it's done with intent to cause injury. (cannonball tackle)

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#42 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Well done to Batley. Also well done to the Eagles, enjoy your day in the Sun, at least the bogs won't catch fire.. Two things happened to me this year that puts a game if Rugby League into perspective, Fev will survive to both disappoint and amaze us all again. It has been a terrible season off of the field and I for one think thst Rovers have done well considering the turmoil.

Oh aye and well done Gareth Moore, people haven't mentioned the two amazing touchline conversions from either side as well as the pressure pen at the death.

As for the ref he was ###### for both sides, the thing that concerned me was the amount of headshots and nasty tackles that were ongoing.
At least we won't lose in the p hissing down gloom of Halliwell Jones this year.

By the way someone (a batley fan) quite rightly mentioned how Batley can't defend dab throughs on the last tackle, I don't think we did one today.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 22 September 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#43 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Lol jealousy eh

#44 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

you're not liked by many other than your own

Have you done a survey

#45 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

Have you done a survey

I think you're right G. It's much like Man United are hated. It's funny how we had loads and loads of backslappers in April last year.

#46 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

Green eyed half wit
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#47 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

Green eyed half wit

He's just a can a pop , full a gas

#48 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

I think you're right G. It's much like Man United are hated. It's funny how we had loads and loads of backslappers in April last year.

Thats right ,

#49 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

why cant we rise above some of the crapola on here.....be gracious in defeat as well as victory.....we are becoming the most hated club/fans, if we aren't already, outside the SL......all this ###### about the officials and the crowd next sun etc....one thing's for sure, we aren't there...we blew it/choked or whatever ya wanna call it....the 2 best teams in the play off are....they will just laugh at the stuff that's wrote on here....get over it...move on
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#50 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

League points Fev 70 Batley 57 go figure!!

Means nothing in play-off football. Absolutely nothing. We're just playing to the rules, just like the Rhinos do, year in year out.

Good to see you taking defeat so well. Shame you can't take it on the chin in the same classy way your fellow Fev fans have.

#51 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

why cant we rise above some of the crapola on here.....be gracious in defeat as well as victory.....we are becoming the most hated club/fans, if we aren't already, outside the SL......all this ###### about the officials and the crowd next sun etc....one thing's for sure, we aren't there...we blew it/choked or whatever ya wanna call it....the 2 best teams in the play off are....they will just laugh at the stuff that's wrote on here....get over it...move on

very well said

#52 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

I don't think you're hated at Batley!

#53 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

I always enjoy my visits to Featherstone, especially today. Generally the comments on the Featherstone forum are balanced and rounded.

The comments tonight are to be expected, after such a close match.

Certainly not hated by me either!

#54 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

Are you for real pal? 

I'm sure I speak for the majority of the 'Dog fans in saying the only disappointing thing about today was knocking our 2nd favourite team out.

I only wish we'd met Fev in the final. There is no better away ground than PO Road (I still can't bring myself to call it "Big fellas") or a better set of fans in RL. They're amongst the best fans in the league. Fev's a 'proper' rugby town. The well wishing from most of the fans we spoke to after the game speaks volumes. 

I've loved Fev ever since Agar brought the Challenge Cup to show us in Drighlington on training night when I was a young 'un playing in the under 9's, not every club would go out of their way like that for a club miles away and nothing to gain.

Fev epitomise everything that makes RL great, SL hasn't been the same without them, 

#55 Andy Stennett

Andy Stennett
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

I do think that we missed the defensive qualities of Andy Bostock & Tim Spears today.

Ths Bulldogs forwards were big guys and although the Rovers forwards on the pitch gave their all, we were still playing with only 2 officially recognised props.! (Crossley & James)

Fair play to the Bulldogs as they stuck to their task but I can't help but feel that a number of key decisions went against us e.g The blatant forward pass for one of the second half Bulldogs try which I was directly in line with... a joke!.

Best of luck to Batley and hope you win the final
Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk
Ref: S8185
Mobile 07738 528178

#56 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

I don't think the posters in question are actually batley fans to be honest.

#57 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

If a bit a banters all it takes to get us hated , summats wrong ,i could have taken the batley fans singing we are top of the league as a wind up at the end as crapola an hated batley , but i didn't cos it would have been daft .

Edited by Maureen T-k, 22 September 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#58 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

Are you for real pal? 

I'm sure I speak for the majority of the 'Dog fans in saying the only disappointing thing about today was knocking our 2nd favourite team out.

I only wish we'd met Fev in the final. There is no better away ground than PO Road (I still can't bring myself to call it "Big fellas") or a better set of fans in RL. They're amongst the best fans in the league. Fev's a 'proper' rugby town. The well wishing from most of the fans we spoke to after the game speaks volumes. 

I've loved Fev ever since Agar brought the Challenge Cup to show us in Drighlington on training night when I was a young 'un playing in the under 9's, not every club would go out of their way like that for a club miles away and nothing to gain.

Fev epitomise everything that makes RL great, SL hasn't been the same without them,

What a wonderful heartwarming post. Thank you.

#59 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

Are you for real pal?

Great post

#60 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

Are you for real pal? 

Agreed. Said to some of the Fev fans around me it was a real shame that wasn't the final today. A great advert for PROPER rugby league between two traditional clubs with bags of history.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users