Chokers

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#61 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

Are you for real pal? 

I'm sure I speak for the majority of the 'Dog fans in saying the only disappointing thing about today was knocking our 2nd favourite team out.

I only wish we'd met Fev in the final. There is no better away ground than PO Road (I still can't bring myself to call it "Big fellas") or a better set of fans in RL. They're amongst the best fans in the league. Fev's a 'proper' rugby town. The well wishing from most of the fans we spoke to after the game speaks volumes. 

I've loved Fev ever since Agar brought the Challenge Cup to show us in Drighlington on training night when I was a young 'un playing in the under 9's, not every club would go out of their way like that for a club miles away and nothing to gain.

Fev epitomise everything that makes RL great, SL hasn't been the same without them,

Thank you very much, and good luck for the final
Im Fev and im proud

#62 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

Are you for real pal? 

I'm sure I speak for the majority of the 'Dog fans in saying the only disappointing thing about today was knocking our 2nd favourite team out.

I only wish we'd met Fev in the final. There is no better away ground than PO Road (I still can't bring myself to call it "Big fellas") or a better set of fans in RL. They're amongst the best fans in the league. Fev's a 'proper' rugby town. The well wishing from most of the fans we spoke to after the game speaks volumes. 

I've loved Fev ever since Agar brought the Challenge Cup to show us in Drighlington on training night when I was a young 'un playing in the under 9's, not every club would go out of their way like that for a club miles away and nothing to gain.

Fev epitomise everything that makes RL great, SL hasn't been the same without them,

What a lovely post that is and obviously spoken from the heart; When teams are at the top for so long it becomes human nature for some fans of other clubs to become envious; Fev will have ups and downs in years to come like all clubs and soon it will be another club up there ready to be pulled down; Well played to both teams today and congratulations Batley on a marvellous come back;

#63 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

Just to bring the 'love in' down a notch, today I realised that Rugby League second behind Soccer is still terrible for having one eyed supporters. It hacks me of each week people blaming the ref this was forward that was high etc. I as a person hate this, I have a controlled passion about my team winning, but the moaning from both sets of supporters today in the main stand really bored me sh hitless. It's like reading Man United/ Liverpool/ Leeds fans opinions on twitter. Maybe it's a northern parochial thing that brings the three year olds out in us. We had an attack after about 25 mins when we were in Batley's 10 metre area, a batley hand got in the way of our move and we regathered, some thug next to me and my todler, was fing and blinding about it being a knock on as the Ref quite rightly signalled play on and back to one as we regathered. We then gave up possession as we had no acting half back at the next play, Fing Justice he mused, I've mellowed with age and responsibility so rather than calling him a w anchor, I very very slowly in words of one syllable explained the rule to him, I had no pen or paper to produce Neanderthal drawings so I just shook my head and walked away and thought What at Tewat.

You know who you are Black greasy curly hair Sid the Sexist lookalike.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 22 September 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#64 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

i understand Batley conceded a try against Leigh that was blatantly forward, so if they scored one today from a forward pass, they're not gonna complain are they.. (i never saw the forward pass by the way)

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#65 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

11 - 4 penalty count was won by Batley too.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#66 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

If anything sums up your second half display its this photo http://gcsports.zenf...1f290#h70c1f290 3 players in the tackle and all can be construed as acting illegally, 3 man tackle with a possible attempt to rip the ball out, dangerous tackle from behind and as for Barlow, say no more but get shut of him.

#67 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

Just to bring the 'love in' down a notch, today I realised that Rugby League second behind Soccer is still terrible for having one eyed supporters. It hacks me of each week people blaming the ref this was forward that was high etc. I as a person hate this, I have a controlled passion about my team winning, but the moaning from both sets of supporters today in the main stand really bored me sh hitless. It's like reading Man United/ Liverpool/ Leeds fans opinions on twitter. Maybe it's a northern parochial thing that brings the three year olds out in us. We had an attack after about 25 mins when we were in Batley's 10 metre area, a batley hand got in the way of our move and we regathered, some thug next to me and my todler, was fing and blinding about it being a knock on as the Ref quite rightly signalled play on and back to one as we regathered. We then gave up possession as we had no acting half back at the next play, Fing Justice he mused, I've mellowed with age and responsibility so rather than calling him a w anchor, I very very slowly in words of one syllable explained the rule to him, I had no pen or paper to produce Neanderthal drawings so I just shook my head and walked away and thought What at Tewat.

You know who you are Black greasy curly hair Sid the Sexist lookalike.

Not just you Andrew. I was in the family stand in the 2nd half and the moaning at the ref throughout was especially tedious. Don't even start me on some of the conspiracy theories that were about.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#68 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

If a bit a banters all it takes to get us hated , summats wrong ,i could have taken the batley fans singing we are top of the league as a wind up at the end as crapola an hated batley , but i didn't cos it would have been daft .

Pretty sure the first post Facey is a fax fan too

#69 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

If anything sums up your second half display its this photo http://gcsports.zenf...1f290#h70c1f290 3 players in the tackle and all can be construed as acting illegally, 3 man tackle with a possible attempt to rip the ball out, dangerous tackle from behind and as for Barlow, say no more but get shut of him.

Wow Gaz, great pic, pretty much damning evidence that

#70 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

Highly likely , good luck sunday

#71 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

Too right I am. Just thought i would share some love from us fax fans. I'm simply repeating the  Fev fans from our forum on Thursday night. Priceless  ^_^

#72 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Too right I am. Just thought i would share some love from us fax fans. I'm simply repeating the Fev fans from our forum on Thursday night. Priceless ^_^

Fair doos , whatever floats your boat , if it makes you happy bless you

#73 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Fair doos , whatever floats your boat , if it makes you happy bless you

When your fans mock us for "choking " and then you do it yourself? Of course it floats my boat and it makes me very happy. 

All part of the banter. 

Barlow contributing to your down fall put the icing on the cake.

#74 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

When your fans mock us for "choking " and then you do it yourself? Of course it floats my boat and it makes me very happy.

All part of the banter.

Barlow contributing to your down fall put the icing on the cake.

Yeh well done sammy boy every bit helps when youre toppling the most CONSISTENT side in RL over the last 4 year , an my my youve finally discovered cake in halifax , what next ?

#75 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

tripe

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#76 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

Yeh well done sammy boy every bit helps when youre toppling the most CONSISTENT side in RL over the last 4 year , an my my youve finally discovered cake in halifax , what next ?

Haha caught a live one here, how many grand final victories have you had over those 4 years?

How many times have Leeds won the title in the last few years? They have been a massive failure in your eyes?

Unfortunately the stupid format of rugby league has created this but when it comes down to it the league title means nothing. Do you really think the Giants would have finished top of super league this time if that was what classed you as champions? Not a chance.

#77 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

Haha caught a live one here, how many grand final victories have you had over those 4 years?

How many times have Leeds won the title in the last few years? They have been a massive failure in your eyes?

Unfortunately the stupid format of rugby league has created this but when it comes down to it the league title means nothing. Do you really think the Giants would have finished top of super league this time if that was what classed you as champions? Not a chance.

Thy ant caught owt ,ive just dropped off your barbless hook , Goodbye

#78 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

Thy ant caught owt ,ive just dropped off your barbless hook , Goodbye

Excellent comeback mate. At least you admit defeat.

#79 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Excellent comeback mate. At least you admit defeat.

Lol

#80 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

Facey Facey Facey, Tut Tut Tut, dont be winding up the most consistent Chokers, its not very spirited is it. At least they can get close enough to smell it before they Choke, Poor old Leigh have been waiting a decade. Our Beleved Fax are the most consistent with Silverware but as i suspect, sheffield will take that next week with 2 back to back grand final wins making them, The best and most consistent team in the division. It doesnt matter how successful you are when no one gives a Hoot about the team in the city.

A Disappointing season for Fax and also Fev, I'm sure the goals were laid bare at the beginning of the season and im convinced neither club got anywhere near what they desired. Now onto the annual swapping and changing of playing and coaching staff and lets see what 2014 holds. Hopefully ( as far as im concerned at least ) i hope both fev and fax meet many times for what In my opinion is the best atmosphere at a game outside SL. Its the dates i look for and the games i savour.

Up the blue and white armys of West yorkshire for 2014.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users