Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

OMG

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Wow what can you say, awesome, we must be the most underated overachieving team in rl history.

Roll on next weekend, year of the dog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

What a comeback!!. I was fearing the worst after 25 minutes. A fantastic effort to comeback in the second half from 20-6 down.

Edited by bulldogtrev, 22 September 2013 - 04:52 PM.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#3 MADREDNIGE

MADREDNIGE
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Well done good luck in the final

#4 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 823 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

great stuff, top effort from the boys and with 30 minutes gone it were looking gloomy for sure,ref made some rubbish call and jockied fev up the field first half with every dropped ball been deemed to be pulled out,dont think they took advantage or went for the kill with 30 gone and i did think tommy would a ran us ragged but thankfully he had an off day, not to worry guts and fitness showd in the last 20 and it were a proud moment with flannys drop goal. you got to beat the best to get their and we have i reckon, sheffields our boogie side but if we play like that and let the ball do some work were possible its ours. all the lads gave 100% but for me rowie was massive and gaz kicked some super high balls so our lads could get their for the hits that took it out a fev for the last stint, hard to do with the start they had but that aint easy to do at p.o.r.  ps, cant understand all this bull with barlow and am sure he will be found out again at fev,COME ON THE DOGS. hell of a crowd too. :bb: :gaming:

#5 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,077 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

I went to top end of ground with 15 mins to go to make a quick exit, how wrong was i.

Theres only 2 John Kears

#6 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 910 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

I went to top end of ground with 15 mins to go to make a quick exit, how wrong was i.

Theres only 2 John Kears

We know Gary. It was us shouting at you to say it's gonna happen at THIS end, then you sheepishly made your way back, but WE saw you. ;) ;)

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#7 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,077 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

Honestly, i thought the game was done even after Pottsies try so i thought id go to top end to make a quick exit when hooter goes, must admit i thought i might have got a bit more stick than i did when i sneaked back down

#8 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

we saw you sneaking back lol... took me till 530 to get out of the end of the road, then 2 hrs on the dot to do 124 miles but only seemed like half that distance

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#9 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,077 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

I was sat in car park trying to wire images to papers but couldnt get a signal anywhere, had to drive into Ackton to send them in but found out when i got home it was the incoming server at the papers end which was the problem so had to send to another email address when i got home

#10 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

All the best for next week in the final, as the saying goes "every dog as its day"
Im Fev and im proud

#11 bazbulldog

bazbulldog
  • Coach
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

What a performance in the second half, didn't think we had a chance at 20-6 down but great credit to the Dogs for finishing like they did and i am sure that John Kear had spoken about the pressure on

Gareth Moore and Ben Black if it came to golden point which is why George took the drop goal,also great credit to the Fev fans who applauded the Batley team at the end of the game,true sports fans.

#12 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

What a performance in the second half, didn't think we had a chance at 20-6 down but great credit to the Dogs for finishing like they did and i am sure that John Kear had spoken about the pressure on

Gareth Moore and Ben Black if it came to golden point which is why George took the drop goal,also great credit to the Fev fans who applauded the Batley team at the end of the game,true sports fans.

cheers bud...we do get some bad press (unwarranted) mostly started by them halfwits/wannabees at guess where ;)

#13 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Can anyone point me to the highlights,many thanks

#14 greensman01

greensman01
  • Coach
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Main one was the drop goal at the end mate!

#15 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

with 2 minutes to go to halftime and Batley pressing, i was saying don't let them score now, don't let them score now, and you went under the sticks with 35 seconds left on the clock, and that was the defining moment for me. enjoy your day at the final and i hope you win it. you're a smashing club.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#16 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 910 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

BISSA are doing a complete DVD of the game, complete with Featherstone fans commentary, its a great watch and very entertaining commentary, particularly at the end. And before anyone jumps on the bandwagon, BISSA are being allowed , by BATLEY RFL, to do this DVD, as it is their official match copy.

As usual £5 per copy with all profits going to BISSA.

Please contact any BISSA committee member, PM via message board, or see message just about to be posted on the forum regarding a VIDEO NIGHT this thursday.

Cheers

Colinb.---BISSA.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users